Golf in Spain (1 Viewer)

BigFras

Free Member
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Frankia 640SD
Hi hive mind,

I’m heading to Spain soon and will be taking the golf clubs but wonder if anyone has any recommendations on courses in the San Sebastián area, or near Alicante. I’m looking for niece courses that hopefully won’t cost an arm and a leg…

Cheers.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The nearest course to Alicante that I’ve played was La Romero which two years ago was 50 euros, very good course but probably more expensive now.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Only played La manga several times a few years ago.
3 good good courses on a complex and enjoyed but better in southern Portugal FWIW.

All the best

Antique

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BigFras

BigFras

Free Member
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Frankia 640SD
The nearest course to Alicante that I’ve played was La Romero which two years ago was 50 euros, very good course but probably more expensive now.
Looks like its went up to €89 for March. Looks a great course

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Just realised that it’s 3 years ago since I played golf in Spain, we were based at La Manga and there are several courses in that area, apart from the three at La Manga there is Serena and Rhoda, All are decent courses but even playing them as a society of 40 we were paying 40 euros.
There is or was a booking website that I used to use but cannot remember what it’s called but with a bit of searching you should be able to find it.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I used Golf In Spain to book on our trip in March 2020. They were very quick and efficient in refunding our money for unused tee times due to the sudden covid shutdown in Spain.
Edit: the tee times we could use were all set up correctly with the course.
We like La Manga but it is the most expensive in the region. We had selected some other courses but didn’t have a chance to play them. We did try Lorca Golf Course once, but found it dry, hard and like playing on concrete and even if your ball landed on the “green” it bounced off into the nearest ravine of which there were plenty on the course.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BigFras

BigFras

Free Member
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Frankia 640SD
I used Golf In Spain to book on our trip in March 2020. They were very quick and efficient in refunding our money for unused tee times due to the sudden covid shutdown in Spain.
Edit: the tee times we could use were all set up correctly with the course.
We like La Manga but it is the most expensive in the region. We had selected some other courses but didn’t have a chance to play them. We did try Lorca Golf Course once, but found it dry, hard and like playing on concrete and even if your ball landed on the “green” it bounced off into the nearest ravine of which there were plenty on the course.

Fantastic, thanks. I’ll give this a look. 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back