Globesat Satellite Dish (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Having had one of these aerials (flying saucer type) fitted for just over a year, reception has just slowly deteriorated, and is definitely due to the aerial performance, proved by substitution.
Has anyone changed the LNB on one of these, or had problems, on what I thought was a 'bomb proof item'?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
We have one of these on the RV and it works fine and has done for many years. When you say 'proved by substitution' did you connect another dish direct to the tv or to the globesat end of the co-ax. The problem might be in the cable and you could run a new length of cable from globesat to tv through a window as a temporary measure just to test things. I do not know whether you can change the LNB but I have seen the dish for sale on ebay and you might find information on www.outdoorbits.comhttp://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQ6QUoADAB&url=http://*********************/globesat-satellite-systems-c-11_495_377.html&ei=dCi4Ub-SFcSm0wW2y4HoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHzaPYc8qv8ilJ_Fd8Zs6e2PrOjpw&sig2=SSn0BUz1dn0TdDVVWTiHug&bvm=bv.47810305,d.d2k‎http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQ6QUoADAB&url=http://*********************/globesat-satellite-systems-c-11_495_377.html&ei=dCi4Ub-SFcSm0wW2y4HoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHzaPYc8qv8ilJ_Fd8Zs6e2PrOjpw&sig2=SSn0BUz1dn0TdDVVWTiHug&bvm=bv.47810305,d.d2k‎‎

One last thing - have you cleaned the dish? Due to its shape it stores water when closed and not driving - when it dries this can leave a deposit that partially blocks the signal - a quick wipe with a damp cloth, or elevate the dish and give it a hose down.

OP
OP
SIFTA SAM
Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I 'fitted' a small portable dish on my M/H roof and ran the 'new' cable through the open door direct to the digibox/TV. (good reception)
I then connected the 'new' cable to my Globestat aerial with the other end still connected to the digibox/TV. (poor reception).
There are three screws surrounding the LNB output which i intend to investigate.
My aerial is very very clean as we were in East Germany a week ago where we experienced 26 hours nonstop sheeting rain. (there are no 'sloshing' noises from the removed aerial)?
Thanks very much for your reply and useful practical information, Will update later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Hi Sam the three small screws secure the LNB to the back of the dish and allow the skew angle to be adjusted as you travel further East or West. The LNB is replaceable via these screws. Bear in mind that the Globestat is a central focused dish not an offset one like you probably used to seeing. It will give differing results. Elevation angle is critical and it will seem much further back than offset dishes which are almost vertical. Inside that dome is a conventional dish covered by that plastic protecting shroud so water ingress should not be a problem. We are all experiencing strange footprint effects on the continent as they seem to be messing with the footprint on a daily basis. Things should become more settled when the new bird is up and the migration and spot beams are all adjusted. Till then it is a wait and see scenario.
The fact that you got good reception from a smaller dish is indicative of how easy the smaller dishes are to tune in when you are in a strong signal footprint. The larger your dish the better they are in fringe areas but also the harder they are to set up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back