• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Genuine Fiat long arm mirrors for LHD Ducato 2015 (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Genuine left and right long arm mirrors for LHD Fiat Ducato with mirror guards ,taken off my 2015 Hymer and replaced with short arm mirrors £180.00

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_113659.jpg
    IMG_20190917_113659.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190917_113726.jpg
    IMG_20190917_113726.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190917_113802.jpg
    IMG_20190917_113802.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 43

Deleted User
Genuine left and right long arm mirrors for LHD Fiat Ducato with mirror guards ,taken off my 2015 Hymer and replaced with short arm mirrors £180.00
Good luck with this, I did the same 2 years ago - great mod for the right van.

OP
OP
tomag
Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Don't know why they supply them with long arms when the short arms are perfect

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi tomag just wondered if you can still see right down the side of your van with the shorter arms ?.

Deleted User
Not answering for tomag, he'll probably come back to you himself, but I did the same a couple of years ago after losing a long arm mirror to a white van in a country lane. I'm not saying the other driver was to blame but his excess closing speed left me no time to get out of his way. Anyway it was then that I took a long hard look at the mirrors fitted to my narrower Hymer Exsis, in my opinion they were ridiculously long for the dimensions of the van and looked like a couple of antennas sticking out. I have some experience of driving HGVs, from many years ago, and then I liked my mirrors as close to the vehicle as possible so I could see parallel down the side of my truck for driving through gaps. This then I applied to the van and changed both for close fitting mirrors and bingo I can see exactly the same if not better as the wider ones gave a distorted view meaning I was actually looking at the side of the van instead of along it. The close replacement mirrors now give me more confidence in tight situations and when in country lanes I think that if DPD could deliver a parcel or Sainsbury's could drop off some shopping down here then I'm fine. However, think long and hard before you do it yourself and if your van is wider than 2.25m its probably not a good idea. We're now on our 3rd van after previously owning an Autosleeper and a Knaus and I wouldn't have changed the mirrors on those.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Did you fit short or medium length arm mirrors in replacement of the long standard ones?

I’ve been thinking of swapping mine but motorhome is 2.29m wide.

OP
OP
tomag
Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Hi Yes the short arm mirrors work fine ,I can see exactly the same as with the long arm ones . So now I can get really close to the pay machine on the motorway without having to nearly fall out the window, also the front view of the van does not look like Dumbo anymore. Couple of things to mention the indicator bulb in the mirror can be different wattage so check what wattage you have and also check if you have a temperature gauge on one of the mirrors [a little bubble on the bottom ] and check which side as this has a separate lead

Deleted User
Did you fit short or medium length arm mirrors in replacement of the long standard ones?

I’ve been thinking of swapping mine but motorhome is 2.29m wide.

I've fitted short arm so they're very close to the door. Our Exsis habitation bodywork is only about 1in wider than the Fiat cab door so this was a deciding factor. Some C class van step out by several inches so I wouldn't advise on these models. I believe that Hymer receives all their Fiat cabs with long arm mirrors and just builds the habitation on the back regardless then some are wider but others like ours are narrow.

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Thanks for update Sillious Sodus and as you said have to be aware of total width of motorhome body and I think mine is wider than 2.25m Adria Coral ! p.s. love the name !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back