Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Who is now the UK supplier/wholesaler for the General Ecology water filtration system?

Thanks

Spud

Dec 16, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Phoned General Ecology today with the intention of ordering from the USA and they said that they have now agreed a uk distributor, who should have stock within the next month. Details below, will keep an eye on their website and report back once the products appear for ordering (as my cold water is running slower and slower!)

‘In response to your inquiries – a new Distributor for the UK has recently been appointed. Nova Leisure should have stock available soon. Contact information follows:

Nova Leisure
Century Park
Ballin Road
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 9GA
Tel:
Fax:

www.novaleisure.com
karl@novaleisure.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was going to distribute it and was given the contract to do so, but in the process I lost all confidence in General Ecology. Not just because of the canister switching, but afterward in our dealings, The company is just not one I want to do business with and I pulled out. That it failed to notice the canister switching, till we pointed it out, delays of weeks between emails and broken promises, and little things like they still have 2015 Christmas closing dates on their website. The company just seems tardy. But something else is bugging me and it was what @Techno had said again....

.....My replacement canisters, they are much lighter than the originals, something that has not been satisfactorily explained and they are flowing fast and lasting well (I'm fulltime with every bit of kitchen water going through it) That should be good right? Well yes except they don't normally work that well, the original ones i trusted and used for years, recommended everywhere would have been much slower by now with that much use. Given their reputation I just don't trust the filters and for Katie who is immune suppressed, I'm back to having crates of bottled water in the locker until we can find a decent replacement we can trust.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I don't think that GE are very nice people and I certainly wouldn't want to do business with them.

Reactions: DBK
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When all the threads were going on about this before didn't a Karl crop up then? Or was that something compleatly different.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not sure what you mean? Karl who?
The bloke that's selling them now is called Karl, I had it in the back of my mind that the last bloke that was selling them was called Karl.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The bloke that's selling them now is called Karl, I had it in the back of my mind that the last bloke that was selling them was called Karl.

Harald was the guy who was switching the canisters

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What about theLink Removed
I was going to ask if there was an alternative. This specific model seems to be the one for bacteria. BROKEN LINK
I am using the 3M one. Seems OK in use. The 0.2 micron version has been replaced by 3M. They are also sold by Pozzani, where they are much cheaper. Still 0.2 micron filter.

Reactions: Jim
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I am using the 3M one. Seems OK in use. The 0.2 micron version has been replaced by 3M. They are also sold by Pozzani, where they are much cheaper. Still 0.2 micron filter.
Having used and tested both the GE and the 3M filter, I found that the 3M filter performed far better than the Nature Pure in terms of water flow.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hmm, yes, but is that a good sign?

I think it is John

Only because the 3m meets the manufacturer specification of 4L flow per minute and the Nature Pure performed significantly lower than the manufacturers specification.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As an aside John @DBK I have seen no evidence that the latest Nature Pure Model has actually been certified as being anti bacterial.
My concern is that it is significantly lighter than it’s predecessor and may be a cheap copy.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Nothing to do with me , but we use bottled water water for drinking, and it would seem a far better option , no doubt about whether it's been cleaned or not and for us gives us a bit more water capacity which we are a bit short on and if you shop around it can be got for pence which put beside the original cost of the setup and future filters I wouldn't think much difference.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Nothing to do with me , but we use bottled water water for drinking, and it would seem a far better option , no doubt about whether it's been cleaned or not and for us gives us a bit more water capacity which we are a bit short on and if you shop around it can be got for pence which put beside the original cost of the setup and future filters I wouldn't think much difference.
The problem with bottled water is that you never know how long it’s been on the shelf. There’s no use by date so it could have been sitting in the sun for ever

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The problem with bottled water is that you never know how long it’s been on the shelf. There’s no use by date so it could have been sitting in the sun for ever
I had some in the van before the last trip they had a use by date, they were only 6 months past so still used them.:)

Dec 16, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Phoned General Ecology today with the intention of ordering from the USA and they said that they have now agreed a uk distributor, who should have stock within the next month. Details below, will keep an eye on their website and report back once the products appear for ordering (as my cold water is running slower and slower!)

‘In response to your inquiries – a new Distributor for the UK has recently been appointed. Nova Leisure should have stock available soon. Contact information follows:

Nova Leisure
Century Park
Ballin Road
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 9GA
Tel:
Fax:

www.novaleisure.com
karl@novaleisure.com

Just heard from Novaleisure. Their first lot of stock is landing next week.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes it will be interestng to see the numbers on the side of the canisters, and I wonder if they’ll be able to explain the weight difference between the filter we all knew and trusted and the ones they are shipping now!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Bigger holes means less weight less filtering but longer life :mad:
I will never trust them until they get an independent accreditation on each and every type of filter they deal with

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back