Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Any body expert on this Gaslow system.

I have 2x R67 11kg bottles and they are auto changeover system.

I Recently filled 18 litres of gas at Morrisons garage and installed new batteries into the Mopek remote gas level sensors.

The gas level sensors have proved pretty accurate in the past, always showing 80% safety level as full.

Now the right bottle is showing 100% to the neck and the other left bottle 37%, however at the garage no more gas would go in.

Is maybe the 80% shut off failed , why wouldn't it fill up both bottles, is the auto changeover working?
The gas to hob is working fine.

Perhaps some savvy Funsters can help me out please

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The only way I can think to know what you’ve got is to remove the cylinders and weigh them to find how full they are.

I would think the level sensors are more likely to be playing up, rather than the Bottles, filling valve, or 80% cutoff

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The autochangeover valve isn't part of the filling system so won't stop filling up. Tap the bottles to see if they sound the same, at least then you can probably narrow it down to the gauge or the shut off float.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
the dials on the top of each bottles are both showing green, yes so maybe the sensors are wrong .. but 100% battery, quality signal, no previous faults.hmmm

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I’m assuming you would need to remove the bottles to swap the sensors on the bottles

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I've only just got my similar system working correctly after months of faffing about.

I can't help too much except by saying that these systems can be a bit temperamental. It is quite often the forecourt pump that has a fault when it wont put any more gas in. Saying that however, I always stop filling if the pump slows.

I have the wave bluetooth gauge so not too clued up on the mopek. I don't think the system fills both bottles at the same time, it fills one then the other so your 100% and 37% could be correct.

Main thing is you are getting gas through to the hab area right now and chances are that nothing is wrong so I wouldn't worry about it, use up all your gas and then try again when empty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back