Gasit or Gaslow advice required (1 Viewer)

Cookiedoodle

Free Member
May 3, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie since May 2014
Morning all

I ran out of gas at the weekend. Not a big deal as we weren't staying far from home but I'm looking to get a refillable system. Are they easy to install. I have a Rollerteam Autoroller 700 on an 07 plate if that helps anyone and I have a red Calor tank in there at the moment.

I only need 1 x 11kg bottle but is it also possible to have a feed for a portable gas barbeque (thinking about a Cadac Safari but that a whole other conversation!!). I don't want to have a permanent bbq external point just something I can feed from the locker (is this even possible?). I have done lots of research and searching on the forum but want to be able to install this myself. How easy is it to do? Is the Gasit better as it has an external filling point. I am going to spend a couple of weeks in Europe and wanted to draw on the wealth of experience out there.

Thanks in advance guys.:thumb:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Did all my gas pipes at home when I installed the kitchen except the gas hob which I had "expertly" fitted. When I returned home from work I could smell gas, Guess where the leak was comming from? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't my work ! Gas safe :Eeek:
Just installed gasit to my motorhome and it was very straight forward with in locker fill point. Tapped into gas pipe beneath vehicle and installed bbq point, gasit even provided free leak detection spray:Smile:

Lee.

I've had two gas leaks in my house, both down to work by "professionals". I've done a fair bit myself but always leak test assiduously with my own manometer. Why? Because I live in my house and am not in a hurry to b*gger off to my next paying job.

Don't diss the DIYer! Of course not everyone knows what to do but we've got a much stronger incentive to "get it right" than many professionals.

Tim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2011
Travelling Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
3 years caravaning 5th year motorhoming
Gas it - Gaslow

The only concern you may have is if anything goes wrong how do you prove the installers (your) Gas fitting competency. caravan and motorhome engineers are or should be trained on LPG for a reason.

Upvote 0

Keef

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
15 Years
I was about to install a Gasit 6kg with external fill point but hit a snag. The whole locker is lined with galvanised sheet metal.
Any ideas ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back