Gasit and separate bottle together? (1 Viewer)

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I have a Gasit system, one 11kg bottle as the locker only fits one. However, I’m quite static at the moment and wondered if it is possible to connect a loose bottle instead of driving the motorhome to get lpg. I have a loose bottle with a connecting pipe, but have to stand it outside and leave the locker door ajar to use it. Don’t want to do so with all the rain around. I’m really asking if I can temporarily remove the fitted bottle and replace it with the loose one using the same or similar fittings?

Solution
We fitted a bbq point in a locker with the pipe going out through the floor to a freestanding bottle outside ---- or you could even supply a bbq from it!!!!
Not all bbq points allow gas to flow both ways we used bullfinch‐----------- in my opinion much better to "tee" into the regulated pipework and use the external bottle with a regulator (you would obviously need to do this if you ran a bbq from the outside fitting!!)
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
You can remove it easy enough, it's only a threaded fitting. Officially is should be retested when you reconnect as it's a thread with PTFE tape. If you are competent and feel comfortable it's easy enough to reconnect, using new PTFE tape and you can test it with some leak detection spray.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
You need a different hose ('n pigtail) from the regulator and some soapy water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We fitted a bbq point in a locker with the pipe going out through the floor to a freestanding bottle outside ---- or you could even supply a bbq from it!!!!
Not all bbq points allow gas to flow both ways we used bullfinch‐----------- in my opinion much better to "tee" into the regulated pipework and use the external bottle with a regulator (you would obviously need to do this if you ran a bbq from the outside fitting!!)

Upvote 0
Solution

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Good point!
You could then link-in an even bigger bottle (cheaper gas).
As said, the external bottle would need an independent regulator and remember to switch off the internal bottle to stop using that gas.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't understand this , the connection on the gasit bottle is the same left-hand thread on a propane bottle , just swap them over like swooping a propane bottle.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
When I was looking after my mum for almost 2 years. I drilled a hole in the van and bought a 47KG gas cylinder that sat at the back of the van :p

Not suggesting you do this. But with Sundowners recommendation you could do the same without drilling a hole for the pipe.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Don't understand this , the connection on the gasit bottle is the same left-hand thread on a propane bottle , just swap them over like swooping a propane bottle.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. If it's a free standing bottle and you are removing the refillable then all the do it connect the reverse thread female end into the new bottle.

Unless I am missing something:doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back