Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I may be on a fool's errand.

It is possible we may be looking at Continental MHs which generally do not have an oven and grill. Retrofitting might be difficult.

We could possibly substitute the oven part with a double skillet, but would like to retain the radiant heat of a grill(steaks, browning of tops of dishes etc.)

Are there any gas grills which are stand alone, or maybe overhead combined with a hob, like a domestic cooker? I appreciate venting would be required.

Geoff

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I may be on a fool's errand.

It is possible we may be looking at Continental MHs which generally do not have an oven and grill. Retrofitting might be difficult.

We could possibly substitute the oven part with a double skillet, but would like to retain the radiant heat of a grill(steaks, browning of tops of dishes etc.)

Are there any gas grills which are stand alone, or maybe overhead combined with a hob, like a domestic cooker? I appreciate venting would be required.

Geoff
Get a decent inverter and a remoska Geoff, ironically its made and sold in Poland under a different name although I can't remember at the moment but somebody will. When are you going to spill the beans on what you re getting? You really should join the Clou club (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
We had a built-in gas grill in our adria twin and it was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Retro fitted a small mains powered oven with grill in its place.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Get a decent inverter and a remoska Geoff, ironically its made and sold in Poland under a different name although I can't remember at the moment but somebody will. When are you going to spill the beans on what you re getting? You really should join the Clou club (y)

Jon

Thank you for reply.

I am a bit surprised at your answer because your posts are usually on the button, but this time you seem not to have read my post too well. We want a radiant heat grill not a slow cooker, and as I said that function could be supplied by a double skillet.

Also because we do aires/wild I want to keep away from inverters - I imagine, although have not done the sums, that a slow cooker on an inverter for a long time could need serious battery capacity, so again no thanks to that.

As to buying another MH, we are not really in the market, but for reasons that I shall reveal when the saga reaches its conclusion(too complex and not finalised) I shall be telling the story.

Geoff

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
We had a built-in gas grill in our adria twin and it was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Retro fitted a small mains powered oven with grill in its place.
I had one in a Chausson. Took ages to do a piece of toast. That's when the light didn't blow out with the slightest breeze coming through the vent.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have one of these surplus to requirements. New, unused but unpacked.
I’m sure it could be got to you one way or another. And a lot cheaper than the listed one

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=143356027144

Winger

That is very kind of you to offer.

As I have just explained to Jon we are not really looking for a new MH unless we are forced to, so now is not the right time but I was just looking at options if we are forced to do so.

From the pic of that oven it looks as though it is wider than a standard unit in a MH, so probably could not just fit into a space if one takes a cupboard out, so might need to revamp the whole of some units. I am I corect?

One solution would be to buy a UK-specced LHD but they are rare in the top-end market and 1,000 miles is a ling way to go to UK to view.

Thanks again for the offer.

Geoff

P.S. Just realised the one you linked to did not say whether it is gas or electric - bit silly of them.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you considered a blow torch ... don't laugh ... it works! We've used one to brown the top of pizzas, meat, cottage pie etc after cooking, we don't use it for toast though as we have stove-top ones that work well. Just get a good one, not a full sized one, but a quality smaller one, ideally that can be refilled rather than have to buy cartridges.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Jon

Thank you for reply.

I am a bit surprised at your answer because your posts are usually on the button, but this time you seem not to have read my post too well. We want a radiant heat grill not a slow cooker, and as I said that function could be supplied by a double skillet.

Also because we do aires/wild I want to keep away from inverters - I imagine, although have not done the sums, that a slow cooker on an inverter for a long time could need serious battery capacity, so again no thanks to that.

As to buying another MH, we are not really in the market, but for reasons that I shall reveal when the saga reaches its conclusion(too complex and not finalised) I shall be telling the story.

Geoff
Good morning Geoff. I was assuming that you would be upgrading but anyway a Remoska isnt a slow cooker, its like an upside down electric frying pan, its apparently known as a prodiz in Poland.

The small one is 480 watts. They make lovely jacket potatoes although it does take about 90 minutes but it will do garlic bread in about 10 minutes and cheese on toast etc. OK if you want to roast a chicken or jacket potatoes you do need a hookup but its a good solution for things that want to be browned.
We used ours a few times in Germany but mostly on SP EHU as we were having the charging issues that you know about, we expect to be using it more when the new setup is complete.

What is it you want to make ?

Jon

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Good morning Geoff. I was assuming that you would be upgrading but anyway a Remoska isnt a slow cooker, its like an upside down electric frying pan, its apparently known as a prodiz in Poland.

The small one is 480 watts. They make lovely jacket potatoes although it does take about 90 minutes but it will do garlic bread in about 10 minutes and cheese on toast etc. OK if you want to roast a chicken or jacket potatoes you do need a hookup but its a good solution for things that want to be browned.
We used ours a few times in Germany but mostly on SP EHU as we were having the charging issues that you know about, we expect to be using it more when the new setup is complete.

What is it you want to make ?

Jon

Will it grill steaks, brown the top of cauliflower cheese, etc.? I always favour a gas radiant griIl for those functions. I do not like electric cooking, very difficult for bechamel, although we have to do it at home, but even here the grill is not to my liking.

I have never been on EHU in 10 years, except at home, and do not even carry a normal 25m, only short, EHU cable now, for emergencies buut not happened.

Geoff

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Winger

That is very kind of you to offer.

As I have just explained to Jon we are not really looking for a new MH unless we are forced to, so now is not the right time but I was just looking at options if we are forced to do so.

From the pic of that oven it looks as though it is wider than a standard unit in a MH, so probably could not just fit into a space if one takes a cupboard out, so might need to revamp the whole of some units. I am I corect?

One solution would be to buy a UK-specced LHD but they are rare in the top-end market and 1,000 miles is a ling way to go to UK to view.

Thanks again for the offer.

Geoff

P.S. Just realised the one you linked to did not say whether it is gas or electric - bit silly of them.

Well Geoff mine came out of a motorhome and I bought it to upgrade our system for the same reasons as you but higher authority didn’t agree,
Oh and it’s gas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back