Garmin Digital Traffic cessation....... (1 Viewer)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
e traffic information is changing​
<Broken link removed>​
GARMIN®
Information about your Digital Traffic subscription
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR SAT NAVS DIGITAL TRAFFIC SERVICE​
Garmin would like to inform you that the Garmin Digital Traffic service for the United Kingdom will cease to exist from 30th June 2021 due to the current service provider discontinuing the service.​
Whilst any compatible Garmin device will continue to receive traffic updates via the RDS-TMC provider after this date, Garmin would recommend users to take advantage of our Live Traffic service to ensure they are receiving the most comprehensive coverage and updated traffic information possible.​
We've put together an FAQ answering the most common questions you might have.​
Just received from Garmin......FYI. :unsure:

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I haven't found any traffic info/prediction service any good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just received from Garmin......FYI.
Yes I received it today as well I have downloaded apps as suggested and they seem to work at home? We will see when we eventually get out on the road? But ive found traffic is a pain in the arse and usually ignore it giving long diversions so far ahead that by the time you reach said hold up it’s clear anyway😊

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
My ancient Garmin Nuvi 205w only ever had the FM receiver thing so I look OK as the RDS-TMC Traffic service is mentioned as continuing.

Off topic, looking for info on the model of my SatNav I rediscovered a comedy nugget.
Amazon let perspective buyers ask question on products. These get sent to previous purchasers........who can't restrain the selves from answering - whether they know or understand the question.
I was looking at newer models of SatNavs for MiL and asked a product question about one on Amazon. I got this: -
1618241158926.png

:roflmto:

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I've been using the recommended alternative DRIVE app for a couple of years on my Andoid smartphones. Using it at the moment with the Garmin Camper Avtex unit. Works very well, realtime information has saved me some long traffic queues. Just need to remember to "allow" the app to send the info to your sat nav each time you begin to use it. Also sends notifications of emails, Facebook etc direct to the sat nav split screen display.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
The only traffic service I have found that works is tomtom.My garmin drive app gives plenty of traffic information but it always seems that by the time I reach the supposed traffic it has already cleared.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
The accuracy all depends on the agencies feeding the traffic information into Google maps. Sometimes they're quick other times slow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back