Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

james_stan

Free Member
May 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Sprinter_Ambulance
Hi folks

Just acquired an 62 plate Sprinter in passenger ambulance trim! Its L2H2 I think so a shade under 6m. This is belive is also teh cut-off for
some ferry fare categories. Ergo adding a small bike carrier to the back will push it over a limit. Instead I was thinking of bulding small 'garage' inside to house a 125 or the old Suzuki A100 (>100kgs) I have stashed - any hints tips or thoughts about this. e.g 'stupid idea it will take up too much space', or' fantastic idea build your bed over it'. The internal height is currently 190cm btw.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Lengthways beds with a motorbike garage underneath is doable. But you'll be posting yourself into the slot each night. And you'll probably have to choose between having a dinette or a bathroom. It's going to be tight.

6m Sprinters can be done. But generally they have an external bulge on the rear panel to make them wide enough to squeeze a transverse bed. But that won't give you enough room for a bike.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Hi folks

Just acquired an 62 plate Sprinter in passenger ambulance trim! Its L2H2 I think so a shade under 6m. This is belive is also teh cut-off for
some ferry fare categories. Ergo adding a small bike carrier to the back will push it over a limit. Instead I was thinking of bulding small 'garage' inside to house a 125 or the old Suzuki A100 (>100kgs) I have stashed - any hints tips or thoughts about this. e.g 'stupid idea it will take up too much space', or' fantastic idea build your bed over it'. The internal height is currently 190cm btw.

Have a google of motocross and supermoto vans for inspiration about how people configure them. It’s a very common design ethos to build a van around a motorbike. ✔️

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
As stated above.. tight..
Possibly, but admittedly not ideal but would a garage on one side ( running for and aft) and on the other side for and aft bunk beds work for you..
Have seen similar arrangement on some vans where they have the shower toilet compartment where your garage would be..
Good luck..

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
If I'm reading this correctly you're trying to save a few quid on ferry fares by using up valuable space in a comparatively small van by 'constructing' a bespoke storage area for your motorbike. That sounds like a whole lot of cost and pain for no gain.

regards
Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back