Funster charity auction for Crisis (1 Viewer)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Unashamedly, I’m promoting an item which is for sale in the classifieds section, here.

We were given a set of motorhome-themed cushion-covers, not all of which we can accommodate, so have put one up for auction in the classifieds section (with Jim’s permission), with the proceeds going to Crisis at Christmas.

Funsters are lucky in that not only do we mostly have houses of our own, but we also have the luxury of one on wheels! Crisis at Christmas raise funds to open special shelters over the festive period for the homeless, where people can get a safe, warm place to sleep, as well as food, hot showers, medical attention, company and counselling advice to help them off the streets.

I‘d hope that, between us, the cushion-cover auction might raise enough to fund a place for someone (£28.22). If we’re a bit short, I will make up the difference, whatever we raise.

Im happy for bids to be made by the “Ask Question” facility, or by replying here. Thanks all! 🎄🤶

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Jim, how do I reply to people who have asked questions in the classifieds section? Is it by PM only? Thanks!

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
So is it £28 per person per night?
No, it’s for the place for the period. Crisis cost each place at £28.22, so a donation of this amount ‘buys’ one place. The support work continues after Christmas as well, although the temporary shelters do have to close after the festive season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
SIMON, THAT'S INCREDIBLE!! IT'S AMAZING!! IT'S WONDERFUL!!

:ta:
Please pass on my thanks to all at Alan Kerr for the firm's fabulous generosity. Special thanks to you too, undoubtedly, for suggesting it. PM on the way, but I'll also include the link direct to the Crisis website here, so anyone else who wishes can also donate a place.

<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Funsters, we're up to THIRTEEN places raised or pledged. Thank you all so very much. I didn't imagine such an amazing response. All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU all. That's 13 folk who won't be :cold: this Christmas. :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi..ive used your link above and made a donation that should see two more places ..
Well done on your effort.. a truly worthwhile cause..
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back