Funny how perceive motorhome owners (1 Viewer)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oy, Badknee, Psst - see you're a user like me - you interested in any Novarapid or Aviva test strips I might have ? - haven't any Losartan or Thyroxine spare at the mo ........ need any disposable syringes at the mo?

If you need any of them, let me know - I know a chap who practically gives em away ... seriously ........

No actually he DOES give em away if you present the right credentials so to speak ........

LOL

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Nice new Avatar there mate(y) Like X 10000
And that dog is better than clever!:D

That bloody dog and me have a daily battle of wits...

And Rory's winning...

He is of course blowing the 'Last post'...:groan::getmecoat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oy, Badknee, Psst - see you're a user like me - you interested in any Novarapid or Aviva test strips I might have ? - haven't any Losartan or Thyroxine spare at the mo ........ need any disposable syringes at the mo?

If you need any of them, let me know - I know a chap who practically gives em away ... seriously ........

No actually he DOES give em away if you present the right credentials so to speak ........

LOL
Well to be honest I'm trying to wean myself off the hard stuff. I've spent six months at the Priory and I'm down to four Metformin, two Ramopril, two Glimerpride, an Ezetimibe and a Simvasyatin a day so I'm doing very well really but thanks for the offer, you sound like you have a really good dealer so if I ever get stuck I'll give you a shout if that's ok with you? (y)

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
A guy at work once said to me...."Er between you and I, ...(as if), are you on the 'take' "?
He said that as my wife and I had a car each, and we owned a narrowboat, and that as his wage and mine were the same............So I asked him what he did every night, socially, and at weekends.....
"Well, usually go out to the pub, have a few pints, then on Saturday, go to watch United, Sunday, down the pub, why"?
I just smiled back at him. :) The wall he was pi**ing it away on was considerably taller then mine.

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
I've had "toys" all my adult life, motorcycles, American cars, race cars, caravans & now a 5th wheel of varying values from a few thousand to perhaps 40k plus, I've often had the comment "you must be loaded" my answer is usually "I probably would be if I hadn't just bought this!" as Tooties said, I don't go to the pub, I don't smoke, I don't go to football, we have a modest house & I work hard. Perhaps I should have spent most of it on drink, drugs & mucky women then just squandered the rest!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Some of my family think I am a tight git, cos I walk around turning lights off, do not do pubs, have maybe one take away a month and cannot remember the last time we ate out..

We have never been particularly wealthy ( to say the least !!! ) but are careful about what we spend.
It took 5 years to get our first van.. And we have built up slowly from there mainly by flogging off bits and bobs our parents left us.

Of course the scullery maid, my 'man' and the gardeners are only paid minimum wage which also helps...

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
we are rich with the family of funsters people you meet from all over g/b tails to tell wine and beer to drink from all walks of life old in the middle and young to be rich in life and have a m/h joy lol ray
Exactly my sentiments and very proud to be rich in this way:) Money cannot buy you these things.

Reactions: GJH

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well we are rich, think of all that money we save by not having to get a taxi home from the pub :cool:

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Interesting topic, until recently I've owned a motorhome for the last 10 years and the subject has never emerged.

I'm wonder sometimes if it is the owners perception of others.

I have to chuckle at the number of times that the reason I've read that neighbours complain about their light/views being blocked by a motorhome is one of jealousy.

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back