Fully booked. (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
I just looked at C&M club site at Pembrey country park, with a view to booking a week or more. Unfortunately it is fully booked except for the odd day until October.
My question is, is it time the club started taking deposits, to stop people just booking sites for the whole season, even if there is a chance they cannot get there.
I remember talking to a guy who told me that once booking was available, he then booked sites for the year, whether he could go or not.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I just looked at C&M club site at Pembrey country park, with a view to booking a week or more. Unfortunately it is fully booked except for the odd day until October.
My question is, is it time the club started taking deposits, to stop people just booking sites for the whole season, even if there is a chance they cannot get there.
I remember talking to a guy who told me that once booking was available, he then booked sites for the year, whether he could go or not.
Lots of opinions, for and against! Do a quick search for some recent debates 😀

Have you tried booking with the country park itself? Cheaper than the club site too 😉

Last edited:

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I couldn’t agree more and told them so by email, but I fear it fell on deaf ears. They seem very reluctant to change to a deposit system 🤷‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Are we looking at the same site? I was curious and found only June, July and August with sporadic free dates. Most of April, May and September are not fully booked.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
This grumble has been doing the rounds on the CAMC website and other message boards for 15 yrs to my knowledge and hasn't changed the policy.
My main inconvenience is from folk booking loads of Fridays and Saturdays willy-nilly just in case the weather will suit them to go away for the weekend.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This grumble has been doing the rounds on the CAMC website and other message boards for 15 yrs to my knowledge and hasn't changed the policy.
My main inconvenience is from folk booking loads of Fridays and Saturdays willy-nilly just in case the weather will suit them to go away for the weekend.
But do you know that for a fact or do people tend to jump to conclusions, I wonder? Many people who work can only go away weekends so they are bound to get booked up soonest. I presume it's the same with any campsite whether a deposit is paid or not.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
But do you know that for a fact or do people tend to jump to conclusions, I wonder? Many people who work can only go away weekends so they are bound to get booked up soonest. I presume it's the same with any campsite whether a deposit is paid or not.
My experience is with my son as he has longer stays on a site with his caravan than I do with my m/h. If a reservation is not being taken up the member is required to cancel within the previous 72hrs otherwise they get their wrists slapped. In view of this the CAMC website booking feature has a 'Late availability' section which my son uses to find a pitch on previously full sites where he can usually find vacancies at the last minute. That's all very well except that it's unnerving not to know if you will have a pitch at the weekends until the last minute.
I have no gripe with working folk (who are paying my gov't pension :giggle:) and who hope to get away just for a weekend. I used to be one.
I recognise that there cannot be a policy that will suit everyone.

Que sera, sera.

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Don't know what the OP is on about?
Apart from July/Aug* - there's plenty of availability

*not surprising given school holidays etc, even then there's a few days free

Edited:
Sorry, missed the OP wants a "week or more"
Unless it's a Rally, my preference is to move on every few days [otherwise I'd have a caravan]

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Yes

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I don’t mind them not taking a deposit, instead they should maybe put a rule in that you can only cancel 3 or 4 times in a year. Then if it’s true that folk book loads in advance then cancel at short notice they would be banned from making advanced bookings. My golf club do similar in that if you cancel 3 times in a set period you are then banned from advance bookings, totally changed the folk who abused the system.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Some sites are very difficult to book a week or more on, book the available dates now and keep checking for the others, book as they come available.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
A massive advantage for us with the C&MHC, is the no deposit/cancellation system. I think many people appreciate the flexibility it offers, moreover I can't see them changing it because all it would do is add a layer of administration into their system.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
This year is not the norm. With so many people looking to book holidays in the UK, it's not surprising that it can be difficult to book a pitch.

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
yes.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
A massive advantage for us with the C&MHC, is the no deposit/cancellation system. I think many people appreciate the flexibility it offers, moreover I can't see them changing it because all it would do is add a layer of administration into their system.
I have no problem with the system, it's folk abusing it that winds me up. "Shall we go love", "I'd love to dear but my ingrowing toe nail is killing me, and Mrs Miggins from number 34 dog died last week, let's give it a miss this weekend".

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I think there will be loads of places once Euroland opens up🤔

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I couldn’t agree more and told them so by email, but I fear it fell on deaf ears. They seem very reluctant to change to a deposit system 🤷‍♂️
I email them on a regular basis and get the same stock answers. It’s time for them to get with what most of their members are asking for and take a deposit.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I email them on a regular basis and get the same stock answers. It’s time for them to get with what most of their members are asking for and take a deposit.
Judging by this thread... its not what the majority of members want.
I think there will be loads of places once Euroland opens up🤔
Maybe... but perhaps the cross channellers haven't been booking UK sites as its not their general MO.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Who are most of the members??? No one has asked me for my views.

If I had to book and pay in advance for every trip out in the moho, I would give up and sell the van!

Many on here talk about the lack of flexibility in this country and how it's so much easier on the continent. Well a change like this would remove any flexibility that we have at present!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Judging by this thread... its not what the majority of members want.

Maybe... but perhaps the cross channellers haven't been booking UK sites as its not their general MO.
You’re probably right but I reckon everyone would like to just go out in their van somewhere, anywhere right now!!👍

what exactly does MO mean? I’ve often wondered that🤔🙄😁😁

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Everyone wants to do what suits them with no restrictions, but as the population continues to grow relentlessly there will be less space and time for people to do anything with out booking first.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Who are most of the members??? No one has asked me for my views.

If I had to book and pay in advance for every trip out in the moho, I would give up and sell the van!

Many on here talk about the lack of flexibility in this country and how it's so much easier on the continent. Well a change like this would remove any flexibility that we have at present!
That's fair enough, something needs to change though imo. As suggested above, something like three no shows per season should ban people booking in advance for the rest of the season.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back