LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
There is no room for spontaneity any longer. If someone has the audacity to mention anything to do with change, they now become wingers and moaners. Sad really, just come up with a better argument of why a deposit should not be taken, not that the club is successful and popular, we already know that.
Spontaneity! Exactly my argument for not taking deposits.
As I have already said, bookings made with a deposit to the C&CC can be changed so what's the difference?
Weekends are always going to get filled up first whatever the system - you just have to get booked in there early!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
My only criticism of the club is they don’t take a deposit with a booking. If they did, it would maybe stop people block booking for the year, as financial outlay would be offputting. Is this the reason those block bookers don’t want change.
Do we know the scale of the alleged block booking? Until we do it could be huge or minimal and a change to deposit may be counter-productive.
There is no room for spontaneity any longer.
But the implementation of a deposit scheme would impact those that wish to pre-plan so you just move the alleged issue from one group of members to a different group. In addition, what if someone paid a deposit and then wanted to be spontaneous and go somewhere else?
If someone has the audacity to mention anything to do with change, they now become wingers and moaners.
I've not called other members who seek change "wingers and moaners". I've just asked for clarity on the scale of the alleged issue to support their request for change.
Sad really, just come up with a better argument of why a deposit should not be taken,
Not sure why those that want the status quo have to come up with reasons why not to change. Surely, it must be those members who are seeking change to do so.
not that the club is successful and popular, we already know that.
Other than the above, I think the club is a great club, run by dedicated people.
Would agree on being a great club however there are some things that could be improved on but I don't believe deposit taking is one of those.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
My only criticism of the club is they don’t take a deposit with a booking. If they did, it would maybe stop people block booking for the year, as financial outlay would be offputting. Is this the reason those block bookers don’t want change. ... There is no room for spontaneity
Couldn't disagree more - I thought we'd concluded that "block booking" as you called it was unproven :rolleyes:.
You're only upset because you can't get more than 7 consecutive days in high season at a very popular site.
I would consider myself to be medium spontaneous and can book mostly where I want for a night or so, a few weeks in advance. If I can't, I'll go somewhere else.
I'm very happy with the no deposit system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
It is very frustrating when you want 5 or 6 days on a site and there only 4 available which you book and attended only to find at the end of your 4 day stay there are cancellations and empty pitches but you have already taken the precaution to move on.
ezee

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Might be interesting to see if anything changes later- a friend told me many campsites [and more so hotels/B nB etc] are worried as they touted for business with no deposit/refund offers and now it looks like people are double booking the same dates with holidays abroad later in the year and that they fear a lot of last minute UK cancellations ......

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
An interesting thought Kirsten, I never book foreign motorhome trips nevertheless it would still be easy to cancel my UK bookings.
ezee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It is very frustrating when you want 5 or 6 days on a site and there only 4 available which you book and attended only to find at the end of your 4 day stay there are cancellations and empty pitches but you have already taken the precaution to move on.
ezee
If it was another C&MC site you were moving on to you can get a change of booking at the site office onto a free pitch on the site you're on. They will automatically cancel your "new" site.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
If it was another C&MC site you were moving on to you can get a change of booking at the site office onto a free pitch on the site you're on. They will automatically cancel your "new" site.
I do know that but if I remember rightly I was going onto a CL.
ezee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back