• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Full Gasit 2 x 6 kg Internal Fill With Auto Changeover. Now £160 (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Full Gasit refillable system recently removed from my Swift, all pipes and internal mounting bracket plus auto changeover.

One bottle full as can be seen on gauge.

I have had this system for about four and a half years and it has performed faultlessly.

I am looking for £260 pick up only from OL14 6 Todmorden area.

IMG_20190911_163449.jpg
IMG_20190911_163617.jpg
IMG_20190911_163627.jpg
IMG_20190911_163639.jpg

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Does this need to be professionally fitted or are DIY (qualified mechanic) skills sufficient? Does it need to be certificated for insurance for example?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does this need to be professionally fitted or are DIY (qualified mechanic) skills sufficient? Does it need to be certificated for insurance for example?
You can self-fit if you are happy to do so, you don't need any special skills just ensure you do it correctly and check for leaks afterwards. Insurance companies aren't usually bothered about it as to them its usually classed as being no different to you fitting/removing a non-refillable cylinder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Hi barsteward just wonderered if this is still for sale?

What weight/capacity bottles are they? Can't quiet work out which ones they are, looking on the Gas It site they seem to do 6/11 and 13kg ones.

I only need a one bottle system so would hope to sell the other bottle on.

Don't suppose you are traveling south anywhere near Kent in the near future.

Thanks for your time.

Shawn

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Hi Shawn, they are the 6 kg bottles, Kent? sorry won't be going that way until my sabbatical to Spain in January ;)

Personally I would say unless you only do short trips, mainly on electric hook up, one 6kg bottle is not enough(y)

Les

Nov 24, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Les barsteward thanks for getting back to me.
Yes I was looking for a larger bottle. We use a 13kg and swap/fill when we can find someone that will when in Europe, normally lasts about 6 weeks.

Thanks again.

Shawn

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
You don't travel on European mainland in January then :LOL: 12kgs would last me about 1 1/2 weeks and I travel on my own.

Good luck with your search(y)

Nov 24, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We're normally in Portugal in January and even with night temperatures in the minuses we still last about a month. What you doing with it, sniffing it lol.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Ha Ha!! no but in my old i am cold blooded and no way am i going to be cold (I had enough of that in the 50s and well beyond.) oh and I'm an FLT so try to be self sufficient I spent 5 days out of 4 months on EHU last year. :giggle:

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Forgive my ignorance but does the auto change over fit on to the regulator or replace it.
Lindsay

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It might help if you listed what does are on the bottles.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Forgive my ignorance but does the auto change over fit on to the regulator or replace it.
Lindsay
[/QUOT
Lindsay
Hi Carthorse

The auto changeover Does Not replace the gas regulator. it usually sits above the reg.
Seems like I'm determined not to sell this but I'm honest and in my opinion with auto changeover there is always the chance you will run out of gas before you notice that the changeover has occurred.
Personally I used it on manual so that when the first bottle ran out I knew to replace the gas when convenient.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Whilst researching this system when a question was asked by a fellow funster see my post

Setting the original price for the system I merely compared selling prices of comparable items on ebay,
in the light of proper research I have decided to revise that price downward by £100 new price £160

The bottles are dated 2024 and this is the system price on Gasits website https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/refillable-gas-bottles-end-of-life.204897/

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Am I reading this right, I have already got a system so don't need another but that is now just the price of one empty bottle.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a fool to myself Chaser but if the bottles have only got a 4 year life span then I am trying to be as fair as possible to any Funsters. I don't want any comeback once they are sold.
looking at the whole bottle debacle ie the clock is ticking from the moment they are manufactured not when they are sold.
In my case I had lost 10 months of life before they were fitted. I was newbie and new nothing. I wonder how many other people have had fitted or taken delivery of bottles with considerably less shelf life.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seems you might now have a bid, but if you still have it when we get back in three weeks I'll have a go at them for you
Can't see how they are suddenly going to blow up in five years , put them on my son's van if we can find the room.
What's going to happen to underslung tanks, out in the muck and salt , how does anyone know how long they have been on.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm a fool to myself Chaser but if the bottles have only got a 4 year life span then I am trying to be as fair as possible to any Funsters. I don't want any comeback once they are sold.
looking at the whole bottle debacle ie the clock is ticking from the moment they are manufactured not when they are sold.
In my case I had lost 10 months of life before they were fitted. I was newbie and new nothing. I wonder how many other people have had fitted or taken delivery of bottles with considerably less shelf life.
Just looked at mine for the first time, I have 2023 on mine, not bothered either way.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Seems you might now have a bid, but if you still have it when we get back in three weeks I'll have a go at them for you
Can't see how they are suddenly going to blow up in five years , put them on my son's van if we can find the room.
What's going to happen to underslung tanks, out in the muck and salt , how does anyone know how long they have been on.
There is a set procedure for underslung tanks contained in COP 306
Yearly inspection by a competent person and 10 year inspection it is expected that the vehicle will be returned to the manufacturers or their appointed agent.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
How does it work with my work propane bottles that sometimes look like they have had the crap beat out of them, some with no date stamp others with 70's & 80s dates on them? ?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How does it work with my work propane bottles that sometimes look like they have had the crap beat out of them, some with no date stamp others with 70's & 80s dates on them? ?
They should be date checked & then tested ,if necassary each time they are refilled.

Mines been on there 30 years & still has the original powder coating. Never been tested to my knowledge

Jul 25, 2017
scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017
Are these still for sale?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun