Free Member
Nov 4, 2016
Bristol/Zurgena.
Funster No
MH
hymer 544
Exp
since 2004
I have 1995 hymer based on 2.5 tb ducato and all of a sudden there’s a leak from the bottom of the fuel filter and the engine sounds like it’s not running on all cylinders,has anyone had this problem.Any help or advice appreciated.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No, but have you checked that the water drain plug at the base of the filter has not come undone or has cracked ?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have 1995 hymer based on 2.5 tb ducato and all of a sudden there’s a leak from the bottom of the fuel filter and the engine sounds like it’s not running on all cylinders,has anyone had this problem.Any help or advice appreciated.
are you sure its from the bottom of the filter and not from the housing seal or pipe connections and just running down the filter... the filters usually have a water drain on the bottom that might be leaking... you would be likely be having starting issues if there was a leak from around the filter as well..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wileyfox

wileyfox

Free Member
Nov 4, 2016
Bristol/Zurgena.
Funster No
MH
hymer 544
Exp
since 2004
It’s definitely from the base, there is a sensor screwed in there and leaking around it.It starts up ok but cuts out when you depress the accelerator .

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
Just had to replace the complete filter housing on ours, if it's leaking round the sensor, the rest of it is probably worn as well.
Not cheap, about £280 from a fiat dealer, you can get a lot cheaper from eBay, but we chose to get an oem part and get the warranty with it. It's a simple 10 minute job to fit and cured all our leaks and problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I think this an old type filter made of metal, but thanks for replying
I had the same on my 2005 jtd. The sensor switch had been overtightened & had split. I bodged it to cure the leak and tried without success to find a new sensor. Eventually it was due for a new filter cartridge. Which came with a new sensor already fitted :).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back