Frozen pipes.. and a bargain heater

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by scotjimland, Jan 3, 2009.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +33,634
    Last night the temp dipped to -4c , when I got up there was no water, only cold in the bathroom, the pipes in the basement locker that feed the hot water heater had frozen. .. :Sad:
    This locker houses the sewage outlet and city water inlet, it's underneath the black and grey tanks..

Managed to defrost using a fan heater but decided on doing a permanent fix... so off to B & Q and found a great little 200w solid element, greenhouse heater with a frost stat for £11. so this afternoon was spend fitting it .. well pleased :Smile:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. scotjimland

Ratings:
    +33,634
    I was so impressed by the new locker heater ... I bought a second for the toilet and fitted today. :Smile:

[​IMG]

These are still on special offer at B&Q

3. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Ratings:
    +5,593
    Wee Room Heater

Hi Jim

tut! tut! IEE16 forbids 240a/c in bathrooms except for Shaver sockets (transformer isolated)
    serious loss of brownie points!!.

Yet ALL R-Vs have a 110V socket in the "wee room"!!! So does that make all Yanks well grounded?

On serious note I put an RCD socket in place of it, As Westcroft had left it connected!! to 240V a/c!!

pete

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  4. scotjimland

Ratings:
    +33,634

well spotted :roflmto::roflmto:

Technically correct, however in a toilet with no bath.. plastic basin and toilet, but if your stupid enough to put your head down the loo , flush with your hand on a hot heater.. think you deserve a shock ..:Eeek:

My 230v ring main is supplied from a 30ma RCD ..

5. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Ratings:
    +5,593
    Alternative Death Penalty?

:thumb:I like it, Know several people for whom this would be a most satisfactory "END".!!!!

Could start a List? 1) The whole cabinet? 2) Certain African Dictators 3) Jehova`s witnesses (especially when I am in the Shower!!!) ------------------------------------?

Pete

6. artona

artona

Ratings:
    +691
    Hi

Technically correct, however in a toilet with no bath.. plastic basin and toilet, but if your stupid enough to put your head down the loo , flush with your hand on a hot heater.. think you deserve a shock .

Ahhhh Jim but protecting those one or two potential people are why the rest of us have to be restricted in what we are allowed to do :Angry::Angry:

Nice idea with the heater by the way

stew