Fridge removal for tap replacement (1 Viewer)

Mar 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift bessacarr 542
Hi all, new to the website 😀

Currently own a swift bessacarr 542 2018.

We want to replace the mixer tap in the kitchen as we left it parked over the winter with water in the pipes which fractured the plastic fitting in the tap. Only problem is the fridge is directly under the tap. No access from the vents outside so looks like the fridge has to come out. Dometic rm8501. Thing is I can't find no info at all on the removal. I can access wires and gas from the vents but can't seem to find any screws or bolts to actually slide the fridge out !
Picture is with the fridge control panel removed but hands are a tad to big 😳

Any help would be much appreciated.
Tia 😊

20240319_193408.jpg

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Isn’t there an issue about resealing the fridge to the external wall due to gas fumes etc?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Make a note or take a photo of electrical connections to make it easier when it goes back disconnect gas remove screws at front and your good to pull it out

OP
OP
S
Mar 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift bessacarr 542
Thanks so much for the fast replies. I will look at giving that a go this weekend. Much appreciated

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
As said take proto(s) of the wiring. Most guides suggest taking the door off, disconnect all wires flue and gas pipe. Remove the four screws from the inside of the carcase and using the two straps at the top pull it forward, noting that there may be a heat deflector attached to the back. Beware that the base of the fridge is unlikely to be flat and not stand un propped.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018
Funster No
I second that - remove the sink. I also bought the replacement tap from screwfix for less than £15, as "motorhome" taps were £60+.
This may not apply if your pump requires a switch on the tap.

Feb 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1974
Different van but when I replaced my tap I removed the sink to give better access. Just a thought.
Good luck. 👍
I did the same when the sink hose came disconnected. There are 2 small screws under fridge fascia and assy should come out and enough slack on the ribbon cable to allow you to put it to one side which gets you under sink.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I second that - remove the sink. I also bought the replacement tap from screwfix for less than £15, as "motorhome" taps were £60+.
This may not apply if your pump requires a switch on the tap.
I did exactly that. The tap looked identical to the ones at the caravan spares place but less than half the cost

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Remove the sink.. much easier

Remove sink fixing screws, then ease it up, you may have to careful cut any sealant around the sink .. there should be enough slack on the pipes and drain to lift it up and access the pipe fittings ...

There may also be a rubber seal around the sink edge .. try not to break it, but if you do you can buy new seal before refitting the sink ..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back