Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
littlehampton sussex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Fridge not working on gas it works fine on 240 and 12 volt (engine running) on gas it ignites and the flame is steady, the chimney gets warm but fridge and freezer do not work it has a very slight chill. The van is level. I have cleaned the flame bowl and used a foot pump to blow any dust away, the max and min temperature regulator has no effect on the size of the flame. It’s a domestic model rm76552 any help on this problem would be appreciated

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi.

Have you removed the jet and checked/cleaned?

Don't prod it, 'blow' it out. Our previous RV had a euro fridge fitted and same thing happened basically. When I fished out the jet, bit of bent tin with a hole in, it was clearly blocked (miniscule hole) and yet we still had the pilot etc. Blown through with an air line and hey presto working fridge.
I believe the recommended is actually to replace, cheap part, but the blow through worked.
Have to say, knowing nothing at the time I removed the fridge complete only to find there was a readily accessable cover so no need to remove, but one lives and learns.:ROFLMAO:

The jet (on ours) was at the pipe connection to 'flame bowl'.

Gas here, so remember to leak test the thing if you dismantle out.

Of course it could just be your regulators knackered, just thought of that. Try firing up a hob ring then something like the oven or heating and see if the flame on the hob changes size, a slow boiling kettle/reduced flame showed us our reg had gone on the previous RV on a different occation.

OP
OP
roger

roger

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
littlehampton sussex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi.

Have you removed the jet and checked/cleaned?

Don't prod it, 'blow' it out. Our previous RV had a euro fridge fitted and same thing happened basically. When I fished out the jet, bit of bent tin with a hole in, it was clearly blocked (miniscule hole) and yet we still had the pilot etc. Blown through with an air line and hey presto working fridge.
I believe the recommended is actually to replace, cheap part, but the blow through worked.
Have to say, knowing nothing at the time I removed the fridge complete only to find there was a readily accessable cover so no need to remove, but one lives and learns.:ROFLMAO:

The jet (on ours) was at the pipe connection to 'flame bowl'.

Gas here, so remember to leak test the thing if you dismantle out.

Of course it could just be your regulators knackered, just thought of that. Try firing up a hob ring then something like the oven or heating and see if the flame on the hob changes size, a slow boiling kettle/reduced flame showed us our reg had gone on the previous RV on a different occation.

Hi thanks for the info I will have another look at the jet in the flame bowl. Hob, oven and heating are all working ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Got the same problem with mine. Having it serviced next week, hope it's something simple like this - folk have been telling me it's kna - er, worn out and I need a new fridge. :Sad:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
My fridge was not getting cold on gas, although I could see what I thought was a good flame, I dismantled the burner, removed and cleaned the jet by blowing and was satisfied it was clear, cleaned the burner of [rust]? deposits,cleaned the tip of the thermocoupler and igniter sparker tip,reassembled and tested for gas sealing.cleaned the chimney and vents and hey presto my fridge now works fine, it gets too cold sometimes and has to be turned down. DO NOT DO ANY WORK ON ANY GAS APPLIANCES UNLESS YOU ARE COMPETENT TO DO SO.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
roger

roger

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
littlehampton sussex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I am going to give it a good check and clean up over the weekend and hopefully it will sort out the problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Roger. With reference to K.I.S.S. We had the same problem. Having done all that is recommended by the funsters and had a new jet fitted by a engineer, the problem persisted.
In the end what was causing the trouble was that when the bus is parked on a slope even a modest slope, the circulation of the coolant is interupted and the fridge stops working. Level the rig and hay pesto, the fridge once again works.
Dont know if this helps,But hope you manage to fix it.

Pudseykeith. :thumb:

OP
OP
roger

roger

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
littlehampton sussex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Gave fridge a check and cleanup, cleaned bowl and jet (looks like a button with a small hole) checked out the chimney all looks ok, put back together, done leak test turned fridge on and no difference still only very slight chilling, so I am going to have it checked out when my van goes in for a service next month. (Does anyone know a mobile domestic service fitter in west Sussex?) I use the fridge on mains electric most of the time, the last time it was on gas was in January, I was at the shepton show 2 weeks ago and that’s when I realised that it was not working on gas.
Thanks for all the advice
Best wishes
Roger

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back