Fridge Igniter Problem (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
I have a 2000 Hobby 600 motorhome, which is fitted with a Hotpoint 3 way fridge. The fridge is working on 240 and 12v ok but the igniter for the gas is not working. When I depress the switch for it the switch does not illuminate as it should and the igniter does not click. I have lit the jet by removing the flame guard etc. from outside but obviously this isn't very practical and if the gas does blow out it wont automatically re-light it.

With the switch not illuminating I assume there's a 12v fault to it but have no idea where there are any fuses for it.

Anybody have any ideas where a fuse could be and how to take the fridge out if I need to to check the wiring.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
There may be a poor connection on the switch. Can you get it out to check it.
A multi meter might be handy too

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Check for power to the ignitor box and the connections to the ignition probe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
There may be a poor connection on the switch. Can you get it out to check it.
A multi meter might be handy too
Thanks Winger, got a multimeter to test with but it's all built in and the only thing I can get to without trying to take the fridge out is the wire to the igniter which is an old rubber covered one which as far as I can see will only go live if the switch is illuminated. Looks like I'll have to try and take the whole fridge out

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Can you not get to anything via the vents?
Only thing through the vents are the jet and flameguard and the business end of the igniter, all the wiring are on a panel on the front of the fridge under the work unit. Its very well fitted as you'd imagine with Hobby with the fridge door being covered with a matching unit door.
I fitted a piezoelectric BBQ igniter as I had similar problem - problem solved !
That idea may be nicked but I'll still have to take the fridge out to fit it .

Thanks both of you for your suggestions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back