kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've tried a number of local motorhome services, but due to Kung flu everyone has a large back log, so wondering how difficult removing my friends fridge & replacing the element would be. I'm fairly competent with DIY but would prefer to find someone to do it. Does anyone know someone in Essex who might be available? If not , any pointers on how to go about it?. My friend has a bessacarr 789 on an 08 plate. Regards kip.

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
I had a Dometic fridge freezer and managed to replace the mains element from the outside through the vents, it slides out after taking the retaining plate off around the mains and 12v elements.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've tried a number of local motorhome services, but due to Kung flu everyone has a large back log, so wondering how difficult removing my friends fridge & replacing the element would be. I'm fairly competent with DIY but would prefer to find someone to do it. Does anyone know someone in Essex who might be available? If not , any pointers on how to go about it?. My friend has a bessacarr 789 on an 08 plate. Regards kip.
As mentioned above I'd see if it can be done via the vent before trying to remove it ...

PS: I love the name 'Kung flu'! :giggle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back