Fridge buzzing on 12v

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by paddymcc, Sep 21, 2018.

1. paddymcc

paddymcc Funster

Ratings:
    +79
    Our Dometic AES fridge RM7655 has started making a rapid buzzing/clicking on 12v -it comes on just after the engine starts. The green light for 12v operation changes to orange in time with the noise. The fridge still seems to be working. I suspect it is a faulty connection/relay clicking on and off. It seems to be coming from behind the control panel at the top. (I read another thread about a relay at the back being a problem but don't think that the noise is coming from the back).
    Anyone know how to get the control panel off-no obvious screws so I suspect that it just clips on but don't want to force it.
    Paddy

2. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

Ratings:
    +2,694
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  3. paddymcc

paddymcc Funster

Ratings:
    +79
    Thanks a lot @namwaldog
    Page 17 -pull off the control nobs and undo the screws concealed beneath. I think you saved me from breaking the control panel cover.
    Now I've got to try and find what's causing the noise. No doubt I will be back!

4. J&S

J&S Funster

Ratings:
    +161
    Hey mine had just started doing the same.. makes a hell of a noise... got the controller panel off . But the fault is intermittent so sods law it's stopped making the noise when I got a repair man to look at it.
    Think I'll have to get a new printed circuit board , feel fairly sure it's a component on the board or
    Have you solved it yet? @paddymcc

John

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  5. paddymcc

paddymcc Funster

Ratings:
    +79
    Hi John @J&S
    Not solved it yet.... I took the control board panel of but without taking the fridge out I can't locate the noise. It does seem to be coming from that area.
    Will keep you posted if I can solve it. Otherwise it may be a trip to Dave Newell.
    Cheers
    Paddy

6. J&S

J&S Funster

Ratings:
    +161
    Ok Paddy... Funny it all works normally just buzzies when on 12v ..
    I'll let you know if I discover a solution...
    Have fun. John