Fridge 12v or 240v ? (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I thought I read somewhere that running the engine whilst stationary was a bad idea because it wrecked the exhaust system (cat?).
I really meant go for a ride, rather than irritate your neighbours (you'd need to run it for a while).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That sounds a bit on the low side, a Dometic 160Lt fridge freezer uses 380g/24 hours that is 2.66kg/5.2Lt a week. Ties up with the amount of gas we use.
Yer.. It was a guess to be honest.. Based on when we are down in spain and the amount of gas used..
It may well be a litre a week but def no more than that..
Oh.. Just remembered something to back the low figure up with.
Last year the last outing for the van was in early November.. The first week in January while loading up the van for the winter jaunt, I noticed I had left the bloody fridge on !!
So that was ABOUT 8 weeks and the 11kG bottle was still well over three quarters full

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Not very precise, though, and particularly unrepresentative. In normal use the door would be opened several times a day and the fridge would need to remove the heat gained by doing so. Left over winter, the heat gain will be far less than when in use during the summer.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yer.. It was a guess to be honest.. Based on when we are down in spain and the amount of gas used..
It may well be a litre a week but def no more than that..
Oh.. Just remembered something to back the low figure up with.
Last year the last outing for the van was in early November.. The first week in January while loading up the van for the winter jaunt, I noticed I had left the bloody fridge on !!
So that was ABOUT 8 weeks and the 11kG bottle was still well over three quarters full
We get through 14kg in 3 weeks using fridge & hot water.
8 weeks in January in the UK with the fridge door closed, never opened it's not going to use much gas if any.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We get through 14kg in 3 weeks using fridge & hot water.
8 weeks in January in the UK with the fridge door closed, never opened it's not going to use much gas if any.:)
Actually in cold weather more gas is used !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But if the fridge is cold enough the burner won't light & I assumed the van was empty so not heated.
hhhmm possible,, All I know for sure is that the colder the outside temperature the more gas is burnt to heat the exchanger

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
hhhmm possible,, All I know for sure is that the colder the outside temperature the more gas is burnt to heat the exchanger
I see your reasoning, the really old fridges the burner used to be alight all the time. They have had electronic control and ignition for years now and the burner only lights when needed.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Rubbish. If it's that cold, just put the fridge outside ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back