Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Ilfracombe Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
15months + 4years before
Having previously filled water tank at home which i now found is not reccomended because of the extra weight, do i need to carry my own hose to access water or do sites usually have a hose on the tap? I will usually be using Camping and Caravanning Club sites.Many thanks Carol.:Smile:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Anyone used the flat reel type of hose for water supply?

I was just going to ask that :ROFLMAO:

Flat reel - Yup. What can I say - it works err just like a normal hose only snag being that you have to get it ALL off the reel to use it despite only being 2ft from the tap* - whereas that wouldn't be strictly necessary with a normal rigid hose. OTOH it does mean ALL the water we get on each occasion is from that tap and hasn't been hanging round the hose since wherever and WHENever) we filled up last!

* well we prolly wouldn't do that, 2 ft away, could be a job for the bucket or the collapsible water container plus in either case, the flexible funnel ! - or if we were on site for some time a trip to local DIY for about 3 ft of normal hose to attach to said tap for the duration (assuming fully serviced pitch)

Dunno how well they last though, twas a freebie with t'van !

I've had one of these for 5 years for the garden, not been used a lot but still in good nick. When I get my MH I'll likely get another one.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have two hoses, a short food grade one for when I can get next to the tap, and a long flat one for when I can't. I also carry the inevitable watering can for when I can't use either. On one French aire the water tap spout was about 3 inches wide, cast iron, so no adaptor could fit it, the watering can fits everything.
Usually travel with half a tank except the shows where the water can be really inconvenient to get to so travel full. :Cool:

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best is to get a really good safari filter .fit it inline with grey and black tanks .then you never need to fill up your fresh water again. after all the water board normally recycle them for you. waste not want not..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back