Fresh water tank alarm (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Hi, we have Bailey 625 and recently having trouble with the fresh water tank alarm.
It seems to have gone very sensitive, on our last day of camping we used to b able to leave 15% water init, now when we get to 30% the alarm goes off.
We thought it might b due to grass pitch and unsteady but home on drive still doing it.
Any thoughts please

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Hi,
The metal straw like Sensors in the tank 'furr' up with scale a bit like inside a kettle and give an erroneous reading.
I had the opposite with My Burstner fresh water tank. It was full but an alarm sounded { usually in the middle of the night } telling Me that I was low on fresh water.
Carefully remove and clean the sensors inside the tank with a dish washing white sponge to remove the scale and refit the sensor and test.
Far cheaper than buying a new tank sensor.
It worked for Me.

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
I am reliably informed they are extremely sensitive in the first place. If you take them out for cleaning, they can be recalibrated on refitting through the control panel. Never done it, I just switch the alarm off through the control panel and keep topping up with what We need for a few days

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back