Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 years
Have a sat dish on my new van with a 12volt Altius tv not getting a signal can I connect up a Freeview box and get programme signals ??

Cheers BERTBOY

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you only have the dish and a TV then you need a satellite receiver,,

FREESAT - Designed for UK programs and has a dedicated channel guide like you have on a home TV. Equipment will have the Freesat logo on it.
FREE TO AIR - Any cheapo satellite receiver, still gets same channels but will not be in any sensible order unless you arramge them via favourites.

FREEVIEW - Is UK TV via an aerial..(y)

Not familiar with your brand of TV so unsure if it may / may not have satellite built in. Maybe check on back for the "F" style socket and a little pic of a sat dish :)

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Sat dish - Receiver/Decoder (if not built in) - TV (decoder built in?) = Sattelite reception.

RF aerial - Freeview box (if not built in - TV (decoder built in?) = Freeview channels via ground based transmitters.

If your TV is a cheap one it may not have either a Freeview decoder or Satellite decoder bulit in to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Bertyboy

Free Member
Aug 14, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 years
Thanks for all the help looks like I need to get myself a Freesat Box

Thanks again

Bertyboy

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Way to go. It will need a 12v power supply which you could piggy-back the TV 12v or a separate supply.

Our van has 12v in the wardrobe where the satellite connections are and I could put a box in there out of the way. However, I decided to go the whole hog and buy a new TV with the Freesat decoder built in. More expensive option but less connections and wiring.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Something like this is what you need.

I’ve got the model before this one and I mounted it in the wardrobe and fitted an rf repeater outside the wardrobe for pointing the remote at.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back