Free Standard Revolut card+free £10 bonus top up required (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As they only need an email address and a phone number you 'may' be able to get away with having a second card by using different ones to those that you used for your first card ... not tried it myself ... would be a way of getting a spare second card account.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As they only need an email address and a phone number you 'may' be able to get away with having a second card by using different ones to those that you used for your first card ... not tried it myself ... would be a way of getting a spare second card account.
Thanks for that, may have a go as Starling are bringing in a charge of 0.4% on transactions as of 1st of September but I do have a Monzo card, Tandem and Post Office Credit Card. Nick has a Revolut card. I've just given myself a good slapping, all because I might be able to get £10 back doesn't mean I should!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Think you would have to have two separate phones for it to work.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you need another card , Halifax clarity is what you need to look at
Ah, but we're talking about a free £10 here! Funsters like 'free money'! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for that, may have a go as Starling are bringing in a charge of 0.4% on transactions as of 1st of September but I do have a Monzo card, Tandem and Post Office Credit Card. Nick has a Revolut card. I've just given myself a good slapping, all because I might be able to get £10 back doesn't mean I should!
Thanks for that bit of info, I wasn't aware (not that we've used ours as it's there just as a back-up) - I shall inform hubby about it.
If only Nick has a Revolut card there's nothing to stop you getting one and the free £10 ... just think of the number of Morrisons doughnuts you could buy with that!

1566634440401.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Don’t think the revolut app will let you run two accounts on it that’s why you need a separate phone.
You can, you just need to 'log out' and then log in with the other account details, I've done it on my phone when hubby asked me to top up his Revolut account, this was on a single sim phone last year so I assume it's still the case now.

AFAIK the need for a separate phone number and email is simply to get the account in the first place, once you've got that you can log on to your own Revolut account via any phone with the app on.

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
You can, you just need to 'log out' and then log in with the other account details, I've done it on my phone when hubby asked me to top up his Revolut account, this was on a single sim phone last year so I assume it's still the case now.

AFAIK the need for a separate phone number and email is simply to get the account in the first place, once you've got that you can log on to your own Revolut account via any phone with the app on.
Yes just tried it. ? Will now apply for two more cards extra one each.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Meant to quote Minxy Girl post, messed it up. I do have my own Revolut card , I got mine first. Nick's is the spare, just as well as he lost his phone in Norway! The Starling 0.4% was quoted by a funster with ablink but I can't even find any evidence of it on Martin Lewis's info which is odd so I will investigate further.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I think it it is a mistake re the Starling account. I have carefully gone through the Ts and Cs and there are no charges. I also found the post on fun and the link is to a Euroaccount with Starling bank which is of course different to the one we would have as recommended by Martin Lewis. Sorry for confusing people including myself and darling daughter who had just got one! I will also tell Theonlysue who started the thread.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay, followed the link and applied. Got the email and followed through to download the app, which appeared to happen but got a message that app will be downloaded "shortly" and so far doesn't seem to be anything on my phone. Looking in Playstore it's available for download but I presume this won't get me the benefits so have left it for now.

Hopefully something will happen overnight?

I'm just looking for something as a backup to other payment methods I use - plus of course a free tenner wouldn't go amiss!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
As an aside to this thread ... Paypal are also giving away £10 to you and a friend if you refer them ... whether you can have more than one account I don't know using adifferent email and bank account might work ...

Here’s how
Send 1p to a mate who doesn’t have a PayPal account​
Ask them to sign up and link their bank account or card​
When they spend or send £5+, we’ll send you both a tenner​
Even better, you can do this with up to five friends, so you could get £50 for sending 1p to five friends (just don’t forget to remind them to send or spend at least £5). Ends 9 September. T&Cs apply.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for that, may have a go as Starling are bringing in a charge of 0.4% on transactions as of 1st of September
Really?
Do you have a source?
I have a Starling Account and they haven't notified me [thought the standard was 30 days]...
...and they're still saying "no fee" on their website;
https://www.starlingbank.com/travel/

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Really?
Do you have a source?
I have a Starling Account and they haven't notified me [thought the standard was 30 days]...
...and they're still saying "no fee" on their website;
https://www.starlingbank.com/travel/
As I explained in my subsequent post, I'm pretty sure it's a mistake . The original thread was started by Theonlysue with ascreenshot of a page which I am pretty sure refers to a euroaccount with Starling which must be a separate thing as I've checked my Ts and Cs and Martin Lewis's page and there is no mention of the charge.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Okay, followed the link and applied. Got the email and followed through to download the app, which appeared to happen but got a message that app will be downloaded "shortly" and so far doesn't seem to be anything on my phone. Looking in Playstore it's available for download but I presume this won't get me the benefits so have left it for now.

Hopefully something will happen overnight?
Hi Terry tried this myself not had any reply as yet.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Do they send your card to France if you live there ? Also we have a French bank account but would prefer to link our U.K. account to the card ? Have read the site but still no clearer on this ! Maybe I am dim lol

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Terry tried this myself not had any reply as yet.
Hi Dave

Still no response 24 hours later. I tried to do it all again and just got the message that the app was installed on my phone, but I can't see it anywhere.

But inbetween time I've had a major computer crash that's taken me all day to sort out. Funnily enough the phone was connected to the computer when it crashed, although it was only supposed to be charging.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just done mine and all went through card on it’s way and extra tenner in the account ?????
Thanks for posting Fontie ?
Was that as a second card for you, ie in your name using the different email/phone number trick?

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
In the HotdealsUK thread, there is the suggestion that someone is getting a kickback for this (affiliate link). Fair enough if true, but is it not possible for a funster who already has a card to do the same?

OP
OP
Fontie

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Read a bit more the deal is Pepper which means it is a HotdealsUK affiliate link that they negotiated. I don't think normal refer a friend gives £10 to friend

Read down page 13 of the Hotdeals thread explains more

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Do they send your card to France if you live there ? Also we have a French bank account but would prefer to link our U.K. account to the card ? Have read the site but still no clearer on this ! Maybe I am dim lol
Guess no one in France has ordered one

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Guess no one in France has ordered one
I'm considering it. I currently use Monzo and am very happy with it, but strictly I should close my account as I no longer live in the UK. Revolut seems not to have this restriction.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Are people using the standard premium or metal ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back