Free Audiobooks On Your Phone For Long Journeys (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The radio can get a bit dull for long motorhome or car journeys so audiobooks (via smartphone) can be handy & do like a freebie :)
Following the instructions below in the red box (I also went via Quidco to Kobo.com just in case any cashback tracks) & using code GH1911 here's the first of the monthly books courtesy of Good Housekeeping magazine:

1573596306895.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
1573596410792.png

From the Sunday Times bestselling author comes an epic tale of love, passion and heartbreak. In the summer of 1940, eyes are focussed on the skies above the South of England: the Battle for Britain has just begun. But Evie Lucas has eyes for no-one but a dashing young pilot called Tony. Evie has a glittering career as an artist ahead of her but seems only to be fascinated in sketching portraits of him… Seventy years later, recently widowed art historian Lucy is putting the pieces of her life back together, and to do that she needs to uncover the mystery surrounding a painting in her home. As Lucy ties up the loose ends of one lifetime, she stirs up a hornet’s nest of history in another. Suddenly, Lucy finds herself in danger from people past and present who have no intention of letting an untold truth ever surface. Some stories are buried in the darkness forever. Some are just waiting to be told…
20.4 hours

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know the book choice above & those to come may not suit everyone but hope they are enjoyable for some Funsters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnJan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
An alternative is to learn a language while driving, I took the Paul Noble French from CDs a memory stick and off I went. Am planning to do others after this to at least get a bit of the local languages of the places we'll visit

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This months free audiobook Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner with code GH2001

1576151510856.png

Synopsis
"A RICHARD & JUDY BESTSELLER 72 HOURS TO FIND HER… ‘Hits the sweet spot between literary and crime fiction – Gripping’ ERIN KELLY ‘For those who love their crime fiction rich in psychology, beautifully written and laced with dark humour. Dive in’ LUCIE WHITEHOUSE A MISSING GIRL Edith Hind is gone, leaving just her coat, a smear of blood and a half-open door. A DESPERATE FAMILY Each of her friends and relatives has a version of the truth. But none quite adds up. A DETECTIVE AT BREAKING POINT The press grows hungrier by the day. Can DS Manon Bradshaw fend them off, before a missing persons case becomes a murder investigation?"

As above - once logged in, just search for the title in the Shop, add it to your Basket, go to Checkout & input code which makes the book free instead of at least £3.99 :xsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
An alternative is to learn a language while driving, I took the Paul Noble French from CDs a memory stick and off I went. Am planning to do others after this to at least get a bit of the local languages of the places we'll visit
I took a memory stick and my player when I went to Yorkshire but they still didn't understand. I think they use different electric.
Phil

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I think it's dangerous to listen to someone reading a story to you whilst your driving might doze off.,or lose concentration .Driver that is.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Thanks for the link! The first one has expired, but the second one worked. I had to sign up for a free trial in order to get it, but I got a free credit anyway, so got two books! I then went into my account and cancelled my subscription! Always like a freebie!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back