France passion , free campsites., (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
One of our French Passion stops ... this one cost a packet after we inspected the cellar! :wine: ....
P1010582.JPG
P1010579.JPG
P1010584.JPG

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
Wow what a smashin place..it sort of sums everything up about france in the summer..where was it...please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I would love to put my sinis 125 trail bike on the back of our Hymer 544.Do you think its feasible?
Absolutely no problem Ricardoe,,, just remember to hang another one over the front bumper,,,, keep the leading wheels on the black stuff like...;):LOL::LOL::LOL:

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
I can recommend (86) Domaine de la Roussille, at Neuville de Poitou, has water and elecs if wanted, hard standing etc. Either of the the 2 in Maisdon sur Sèvre in 44. Usually been happy with all we have been to, 1 even ran an extension lead from the barn so we could connect up and wouldn't accept any payment.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
This is a France Passion site - free to members - €8 to non-members (2015)

Members had a free glass of Champagne and, presumably, were encouraged to buy a bottle or two.

Non-members (that's us) didn't see the owners except to pay.

Great overnight stop with impressive views over vineyards and fields.

No shops or eating establishments within miles.

Hook-up, fresh water and waste disposal included in your stay.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have stayed at a lot of wine producers but haven't bothered with france passion after the first year we just ask at the tourist office and spend the money on extra wine

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Come on Sparkly, name and departement SVP
Can't remember the name and the book isn't handy but it's just outside Montreal near Condom in the Aude department (11).

There eggs are delicious also.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
that looks like the place we stayed, was it a Cider farm ?
Yes, we have been on all sorts , cider , fruit, snail, restaurant, buffalo, mustard, oyster, peanut, wine, champagne, eggs, ice cream, goat, and maybe others I can't think of at the moment, oh yeah, tractor museum , goose, duck , I think it's fantastic to find the real France, but saying that we havnt had it last year and used the old book and never been questioned, but had a letter off them the other day special offer £22 if bought before the end of the month, so might get one as there will be new ones on.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Yes, we have been on all sorts , cider , fruit, snail, restaurant, buffalo, mustard, oyster, peanut, wine, champagne, eggs, ice cream, goat, and maybe others I can't think of at the moment, oh yeah, tractor museum , goose, duck , I think it's fantastic to find the real France, but saying that we havnt had it last year and used the old book and never been questioned, but had a letter off them the other day special offer £22 if bought before the end of the month, so might get one as there will be new ones on.
We knocked on the door and said hello to the owner, she was taken aback and she told us to just park up !!!! We did buy a couple of bottles of cider, I was miffed as they were warm bottles so we couldn't drink until the following night. We love France passion and will definitely do it again next year as you see the real France (y)

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Yes, I parked up where indicated and went to the restaurant. This was across the road from the parking area and the owner, I suppose, had a choice, go look at the van or ask me to bring the card ( which of course was in the van as I hadn't been asked for it before). He opted for the latter, but not a problem. Only time I've been asked for it. When proffered, not wanted. This was Courtils ( 50220 ), Handy for Mt. St. Michel

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Can't remember the name and the book isn't handy but it's just outside Montreal near Condom in the Aude department (11).

There eggs are delicious also.

It's on the way to our son's place! Well, it can be!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We've had the book a few years and have only used it once or twice, so it has not really been worth it. The last one was 2015 so the facts are probably still valid.

But I did wonder if someone would do shares on the 2017? we'd only need it May to June, and September. Possibly someone in the South to save postage.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
On another thread we have been talking about France passion and I noticed in the links at the bottom this thread that I started 5 years ago, things have changed a lot in that time but a lot of the things in this thread are still relevant, hope it helps.

210bhp

Free Member
Apr 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar
Exp
I’m a newbie
On the strength of this thread and a possible trip this summer en France I have joined up to the French passion site.

Just to divert for a moment, is there a similar sort of thing for Spain and/or Portugal?

Thanks

Regards
Mike

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
There is a similar scheme in Spain - Espana Discovery - not sure how many hosts now, when it first started it was a bit regionalised with most round Valencia.

There isn’t an equivalent scheme in Portugal - ie not part of the www.fef.eu network - but a broadly similar scheme does exist in Portugal - https://portugaleasycamp.com/en/ .

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We have had very mixed experiences at France Passion sites, some very good some very poor and some in between. I reckon we have driven away from about a third of those at which we have arrived. If we stay we always buy, but we do avoid goat, and snail, farms as don't like the produce. Also find that some sites will squash vans on to small parking areas, even after the designated number has been reached. If staying at vineyards, cider producers, etc. we like ones which have a tasting session. We always spend more at these. Stayed at one fairly recently which had no tasting and where the cider was well over €10 a bottle. Hard to swallow!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have had very mixed experiences at France Passion sites, some very good some very poor and some in between. I reckon we have driven away from about a third of those at which we have arrived. If we stay we always buy, but we do avoid goat, and snail, farms as don't like the produce. Also find that some sites will squash vans on to small parking areas, even after the designated number has been reached. If staying at vineyards, cider producers, etc. we like ones which have a tasting session. We always spend more at these. Stayed at one fairly recently which had no tasting and where the cider was well over €10 a bottle. Hard to swallow!
Must put a wine tasting session on the agenda.(y):wine:
:wine:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back