Foreign Campsites and Pets (1 Viewer)

W

Wags and Wiggles

Deleted User
Hi, we are planning to buy a motorhome early next year (currently looking), and we take our two Cocker Spaniels everywhere with us (they both have pet passports).

Although not as easy to find, we have managed to take the two dogs to villas in France but can anybody tell me, are there any restrictions on the number of dogs you can take to campsites - in the UK and Europe - as we are planning to get a third Spaniel. I have searched the internet and can't find this information anywhere.

Many thanks
Penny

2escapees

Deleted User
Having inspected hundreds of campsites across Europe for a well known camping guide I think you will find out of season there is no restriction on the number of dogs you can take. If they allow dogs then you will be OK. If however you dogs are unruly or noisy then you will have problems. High season there are many more restrictions indeed many sites ban dogs altogether as do many beaches. try looking at

Alan Rogers Camping Guides - Camping in France, Spain, Italy, Britain

and search for sites that allow dogs both in Europe and the UK. A quick phone call or email will then clarify their position.

:thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Similar to Mike, above, Mo and I have checked hundreds of sites in the UK and Ireland for maximum dog capacity - and so far we have found just a very few sites that limit the number of dogs to 6 or more. Most sites will take three or four without question BUT they will charge you 'handsomely' for the priviledge!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I do not have dogs so do not take much notice but this year in France one couple were turned away because they had two dogs and the campsite rules stated only one dog/pitch.

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back