Ford Jumbo classification for Michelin Route Planner (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Trying to work out approximate fuel consumption for our Sept journey to S of France. Having terrible issues with the drop downs on the planner where you insert your vehicle details ? Anyone else having these issues ? We have the above vehicle but giving no options for a Jumbo. Tried using the 350 drop down but that isn't giving anything.

Anyone have any ideas of any other useful sites that can calculate approx fuel use please ?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just divide the distance in miles by 25 in gallons it will be fairly close. If the website does it it will assume a certain cruise speed weight loading driving style etc so won't be correct anymore than a guess!!. Just get there with enough not to panic then fill up when down to 1/4 we use supermarkets all the time others disagree but I can't see the oint in spending time looking for a website to calculate a guess that yoe have little control over.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I can't see the oint in spending time looking for a website to calculate a guess that yoe have little control over.

It's more to help make a decision on whether we go back to France in September or stick with ukation. We travel down S France twice -yearly. Calculated on a Ford Custom meant we would be breaking even with both sides of the water so France had it. Hubby then said would be way different with Jumbo's fuel consumption. Not sure why I'm bothering really, I know deep down it'll be France whatever lol !!!!!! Thanks :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Should think about 80 gallon for the return trip,,Diesel about 1 euro 15 cents a litre at moment in France i think,,BUSBY,,

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Once again I know that I am the pennypinching miserable old bugger on here, but the cost of diesel and tolls and such stuff never enter my mind, once we hit the road we are on holiday and how much it costs is immaterial, and I know that useing aires and drinking French wine will more than compensate for any of the costs in France compared with trying to stay on campsites here.(y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My low profile (drag resistance type) on a T350 chassis at 3860 kgs worked out at over 27 before having a remap was worked out using ACTUAL fuel and actual mileage. It dropped to just under 25 mpg after the remap. This was the same methodology. so it averaged 25 mpg over the time I had it. My new Hymer low-profile on an automatic gearbox Mercedes Sprinter base driven the same way just so happens to work out at the same consumption at 3880kg. I think that most if not all similar vans will be doing the same and safely use that as the benchmark. as WINO states it is the figure you can safely use, slightly lower to the gallon for a Beluga type and tag axle and better for PVC about 30mpg.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back