miket678

Free Member
Nov 27, 2008
Bedworth, Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have just purchased a Rollerteam Autoroller 700 based on the Ford Transit. I am absolutely over the moon with the Autotroller, it is fantastic value for money and the Ford 2.4 Duratec engine is awsome!! However, one of the most attractive features was the three year Ford assistance covering UK and Europe, but I have just been reading the terms and conditions of ford Assistance on the net and Para 7 states that it applies only to vehicles up to a maximum 5.5meters in length are covered. My 700 is 7.31 meters so I guess it falls outside. Any one have any ideas, it is all a shock to me!

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Correct me if im wrong but this rule is quite general with the RaC and AA as well , most people get the assistance through their insurance its either built into it or its an extra .

OP
OP
M

miket678

Free Member
Nov 27, 2008
Bedworth, Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Assistance

I am insured through Safeguard and they use the AA. I broke down in France last year and the AA sorted it all for me. I was just hoping to save some money not including assistance with my Insurance. I am just a bit perturbed that this limitation was not pointed out, in fact the 3 years Ford Assistance was put forward as a selling point. Never mind, it is just so important to know this is the case, it would quite a shock if you were relying on it and didn't find out until you needed assistance!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motoroamin

Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
I looked into this when setting up some vehicles for a hire fleet last year - after going round the houses on the phone to Ford and the AA and getting no definitive answer, we took the decision to add EuropAssist to vehicles over 3.5 tonnes which were going to be used in Europe. Probably ok in the UK as you are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back