For those who enjoy going fast (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Yikes. That looks expensive whichever way you look at it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Stupid and reckless driving. The report makes reference to the driver refusing to give blood samples .... fair to assume still drunk from earlier or previous evenings drinking?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It appears he refused a breath test, so draw conclusions there. It also looks like the chronic too heavy, in the garage syndrome the tail is wagging the dog, look at the black marks it is laying down.
My Ford Transit Chausson was a very stable drive and hardly affected by passing HGVs, me or them passing. However the Hymer does wag around a lot, Mercedes even make a steering electronics system to stop it, but it appears not to, longish body 7 mtr and short wheel base 3.86metres, and very highly assisted power steering do not help either. It is the intercity coaches that make it wobble most. I do not do 80 mph, so it would not end in tears like this one did. 60 is as fast as I feel happy at although sprinter vans go passed at over 100mph when they are on the delivery runs with a lot of parcels on.
A year in Gaol is bit harsh as nobody was hurt and a lot of worse things than that on the roads do not get that sentence.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
What a tw*t, serve him right, good job nobody else was hurt.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Only by incredibly good fortune was no one hurt or killed, so I feel the 12 month sentence is light, if anything. If you wave a gun around in a crowded place firing bullets at random but don't hit anyone you are no less guilty than someone who hits with their first shot. The intent is still there.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If you look at the very start of the vid you will see the accident started before the dash cam caught it. There is a locker door missing and damage to the sill near the hab door. Perhaps this along with the speed unsettled the Moho.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Oops, I just posted this in the news section. But I'll repeat my comment.
From the outset, it looks like the MH tried a punishment swoop to get the camera car to pull in to lane one. But then he ran out of talent, and started a tank slapper that was unrecoverable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back