Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi All,

As you know I have been a fairly regular contributor on here for some little time now.
Regrettably the time has come to sell the entire outfit, we are now going to focus our efforts on building our second home in Portugal so the 5'er is surplus to requirements.

It is advertised here

Link Removed

I think all the information is there, if anyone wants specific questions answering then feel free to get in touch, likewise if you want to come and view it then the telephone number is on the advert.

Thanks all (I hope this is not contravening any site rules)

Rob

Last edited:

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Good luck with the sale Rob. :thumb:

I'd looked at loads of 5th wheelers, (before going the RV route), and this is the first one I've seen with the cream/stainless steel interior. Looks really good and hopefully will help to sell it.

You'll miss that V8 purr!

All the best,

Paul

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Rob,

Looks a lovely piece of kit, never had one, if you don't have any luck in selling her, give us a ring, we could do a contract sale if your interested.

Hopefully she will go on fleabay:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
the gross weight stated is the 5er ?
what's the max gross weight permitted for the pick-up , and how big a trailer is permitted if it is used for that ?

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
the gross weight stated is the 5er ?
what's the max gross weight permitted for the pick-up , and how big a trailer is permitted if it is used for that ?

Correct it is.

The GVWR for the pick up is 3500Kgs (downplated when imported......not by me I hasten to add)

The GTM (Maximum Authorised Mass is 7500 Kgs)
The maximum weight for the trailer would be currently 4000 Kgs but this could increase as the US GTW is 18000 Lbs (8180 Kgs Fifth Wheel) or conventional towing of 12500 Lbs (5681 Kgs) both/either of which would be achievable with a re-plate.

I hope that helps

Rob

Last edited:
OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi Rob,

Looks a lovely piece of kit, never had one, if you don't have any luck in selling her, give us a ring, we could do a contract sale if your interested.

Hopefully she will go on fleabay:thumb:

Peter

Peter

Many thanks for your mail
I will be in touch regarding your kind offer should the need arise.

I will keep you posted.

Rob

Allen

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
Very nice,are all the electrics are all the electrics now 240v.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Suppose I am sorry in a way to hear this Rob,, I know how much we both corresponded with each other when we were both doing our thing with 5th wheels, and were both looking to do a fair bit of travelling..

I wish you luck with the sale and luck in your new venture..

Good luck & A Merry Xmas to you and your family..

May 22, 2008
Funster No
It certainly does as long as from pre 1997 Al
I have in the past driven large articulated vehicles and wonder if it can be right for someone with no experience to drive a 5th Wheeler on the roads with no training ? just because they have Grandfather rights on their licence :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
I have in the past driven large articulated vehicles and wonder if it can be right for someone with no experience to drive a 5th Wheeler on the roads with no training ? just because they have Grandfather rights on their licence :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

But he may have had experience in towing a caravan so towing a 5th wheeler is not that much different, i have done both and managed very well with the 5er :thumb:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +

Actually it is just the same as someone with "Grandfather" rights driving large MH's I personally have experience with HGV's Class 3 and 1, But driving a 5er is kid's stuff at the side of a class 1 so I don't think a test would be necessary.

If a test was required for any I would say a caravan because it is amazing how many you see with speed wobble and you can tell they are speeding up to try to correct it.
:Doh::thumb:

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Just out of interest guys can any body tell me if my normal car licence would cover this:thumb:

Yes it would. One of the reasons why I was keen to stay below 8250Kgs. :thumb::thumb:

HTH

Rob

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +

Anyway, Grandfather Rights, what do you mean they would only have to be 29 to be able to drive automatically with the pre 1997 test.
:Blush::Eeek:

OP
OP
robrobc

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Anyway, Grandfather Rights, what do you mean they would only have to be 29 to be able to drive automatically with the pre 1997 test.
:Blush::Eeek:

29 years of age................so grandfather is just possible..............maybe not legal but possible :Eeek::Eeek: ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back