Foot Pumps (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I've always carried a tyre pump in my toolkit. I tried the 12V electric jobby but found that to be OK for blowing up party balloons but not much else. Since then I've carried, but never used, a single cylinder footpump.
Sadly, a willing helper accidently drove my van over the pump and I now need to get a replacement.
I've browsed the usual sources for such things and most have gauges that read from 0 to 100 psi but having a gauge that shows that range doesn't mean it can inflate to that pressure - does it? My van speedo goes up to 110 mph but it would have to be a very steep, downward, hill for me to get close to that.
So, learned members, can the average, Halfords type price/quality/ footpump get up to my tyre pressure of 65?
Anyone got a specific recommendation?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
tried a few over the past few years. Michelin and Halfords models.. and a double barreled Draper.. not the way they used to be built.. all have broken after a short time.. and all were hard work getting a tyre from zero to 30psi never mind 60psi

If you can find a brass Dunlop on ebay that may be better.. but I gave up

I've now invested in a Ring RAC 900 12v , as used by AA and RAC breakdown guys .. the dogs nuts (y)

Last edited:

English Springer

Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H601
Exp
Since 2012
I carry a single cylinder foot pump from Halfords and find it gives me the 70/75 pressure required. This has been verified by getting a tyre reading using a different gauge.
Hope that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Aldi are selling a double cylinder foot pump from tomorrow (12th Apr) for £5.49
They've got a range of cycling gear advertised.
Can't go wrong because they offer a decent returns/warranty on non food items.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I had what I thought was the dog's b******s in double barrel Michelin foot pump. Broke within 1 year - absolute c***!

I now have a german 12 volt compressor foot pump which can cope with pumping up my camper tyres to 80PSI!

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Get a decent compressor from someone like Paddock, they do a single and twin cylinder and they will need a decent supply socket, but invaluable to have and use.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread