Foot Pumps (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I've always carried a tyre pump in my toolkit. I tried the 12V electric jobby but found that to be OK for blowing up party balloons but not much else. Since then I've carried, but never used, a single cylinder footpump.
Sadly, a willing helper accidently drove my van over the pump and I now need to get a replacement.
I've browsed the usual sources for such things and most have gauges that read from 0 to 100 psi but having a gauge that shows that range doesn't mean it can inflate to that pressure - does it? My van speedo goes up to 110 mph but it would have to be a very steep, downward, hill for me to get close to that.
So, learned members, can the average, Halfords type price/quality/ footpump get up to my tyre pressure of 65?
Anyone got a specific recommendation?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
None
tried a few over the past few years. Michelin and Halfords models.. and a double barreled Draper.. not the way they used to be built.. all have broken after a short time.. and all were hard work getting a tyre from zero to 30psi never mind 60psi

If you can find a brass Dunlop on ebay that may be better.. but I gave up

I've now invested in a Ring RAC 900 12v , as used by AA and RAC breakdown guys .. the dogs nuts (y)

Last edited:

English Springer

Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H601
Exp
Since 2012
I carry a single cylinder foot pump from Halfords and find it gives me the 70/75 pressure required. This has been verified by getting a tyre reading using a different gauge.
Hope that helps

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Aldi are selling a double cylinder foot pump from tomorrow (12th Apr) for £5.49
They've got a range of cycling gear advertised.
Can't go wrong because they offer a decent returns/warranty on non food items.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I had what I thought was the dog's b******s in double barrel Michelin foot pump. Broke within 1 year - absolute c***!

I now have a german 12 volt compressor foot pump which can cope with pumping up my camper tyres to 80PSI!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Get a decent compressor from someone like Paddock, they do a single and twin cylinder and they will need a decent supply socket, but invaluable to have and use.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back