flightradar24 (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Interesting that a helicopter is circling around a spot in the Baltic opposite Kaligrad,
I assume it’s from an American carrier group
E9B0737F-151C-4096-9C60-F67CA58280CB.png

brocola

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2020
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Since 2020
Interesting that a helicopter is circling around a spot in the Baltic opposite Kaligrad,
I assume it’s from an American carrier group
No US carriers in Baltic (too enclosed, too much of an easy target) but 22nd US Marine Expeditionary Unit have been in the Baltic in Poland and Lithuania since mid Sept as part of an Amphibious Ready Group - includes an LHD (landing helicopter dock) and other amphibious landing support ships. I’m assuming that’s where the Blackhawks have been coming from over the last few days.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No US carriers in Baltic (too enclosed, too much of an easy target) but 22nd US Marine Expeditionary Unit have been in the Baltic in Poland and Lithuania since mid Sept as part of an Amphibious Ready Group - includes an LHD (landing helicopter dock) and other amphibious landing support ships. I’m assuming that’s where the Blackhawks have been coming from over the last few days.
the U.S had 2 x missile destroyers each with 96 cruise on board there a while back.One 45kms off Kalingrad & the other in port along in Poland

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Yes there is an App for IPad etc called ‘Marinetraffic‘ which shows shipping and Coast guard choppers.
Ive been using marinetraffic.com on a windows PC but cant spot an option to display helicopters (is that because I'm a cheapskate and haven't subscribed?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ive been using marinetraffic.com on a windows PC but cant spot an option to display helicopters (is that because I'm a cheapskate and haven't subscribed?
Don’t think so, I watched the Sumburgh Rescue chopper working last week with a boat and then practising drop and pick up so I think it’s a case of knowing their callsigns and watching for them.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Don’t think so, I watched the Sumburgh Rescue chopper working last week with a boat and then practising drop and pick up so I think it’s a case of knowing their callsigns and watching for them.
Ok thanks, I did have marinetraffic and flightradar open at the same time but the chopper only appeared on flightradar, nothing was on marinetraffic in the same area so presumably if they were dealing with a boat it was a very small one without the transponder systems

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ok thanks, I did have marinetraffic and flightradar open at the same time but the chopper only appeared on flightradar, nothing was on marinetraffic in the same area so presumably if they were dealing with a boat it was a very small one without the transponder systems
May be dependent on operator as to whether their transponder was set on both channels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
A lot of activity over E Anglia at the moment .
You’re not wrong! :oops: Very busy earlier but gone fairly quiet now. I’m on a CAMC club site about mid way between Mildenhall / Lakenheath and Marham air bases and it got pretty noisy for a few hours. As I write this a helicopter just flew over at low level!:LOL: There’s a big army training base about 5 miles away and they had a helicopter doing landings etc this afternoon.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
There were at least 4 Typhoons , 6 Draken small twin engine jets and around 4 similar RAF jets, a tanker and an Osprey , I lost count.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I've not been parked up at Lossiemouth for half an hour and already caught 2 typhoons and a poseidon come in to land.

Didn't have time to jump out the van for a photo and the rain on the windows spoiled any attempt at a pic from inside.

I'll get one yet though 👍

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Rzeszow has been the main staging post for military and humanitarian aid from the West.

I guess they change regularly, the ways they get anything of military importance over the actual border in to Ukraine.

Any more news about the Russian nuclear train that was spotted a few days ago?

brocola

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2020
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Since 2020
Any more news about the Russian nuclear train that was spotted a few days ago?
Saw some analysis on twatter that seemed to indicate it was being blown out of proportion. US said yesterday they still haven’t seen any indications of imminent nuclear attack, but who knows how Putler is planning to celebrate his 70th birthday…

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Looked like a Barnes Wallace job :happy:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun