SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes you read it correctly 5 years!

How have I managed that, you ask?

I swapped my UK licence for a Polish one, including my C1 C1E, and the interval here for medicals is 5 years so I am OK now till almost 84 years.

The reason I am so chuffed is that now I feel more comfortable looking at much heavier MHs than our Arto at 3850kg. We might before long want a M/c or scooter and the Arto might be pushing it for weight, as we like to be able to have full tanks. We could even go for a truck-based model because some of the makes we fancy do not do van-based, or not in the models we like.

The Medical was a bit unusual in that I had to spend nearly an hour with a Psychologist doing various tests which I think I sailed through, particularly because I could spot the ones repeating similar questions to check consistency - just like the ones I did years ago before commercial pilot training. This psychology bit is only on a first medical for a Polish licence and is not repeated - strange I could have Alzheimer's at 84. The eye test was a laugh - the lady just propped a chart up against a seat back only about 4-5ft away. The session with the doctor lasted about 3-4 minutes, where he looked at the questionaire I had to fill-in earlier, which was like the questions the UK doc asks, one answers, and they put down what you tell them(equally absurd). He looked at the psychological and eye tests but that seemed mainly to write down the cross-referencing of test serial numbers. He signed and I was out.

I am not complaining - 5 years! Now to start looking at the ads.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back