Fitting a Reverse and Dash cam (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just bought a Nextbase dash cam from Aldi's and a reverse cam and monitor of Amazon, put them on the dash and I have two leads straggling across the dash, not have that, so out the with the radio and the top of the dash, a bit of head scratching and I decided to fit a usb socket at the front of the dash for the dash cam and bring the lead up next to it for the the reverse monitor.
So 3D printed a platform for the usb and reverse mount, took the lower part of the dash of with the cigar lighter in it, and wired the usb socket that I got of Amazon into its leads. The reverse monitor is powered via a cigar lighter type plug and connects to the monitor via a round plug which has 4 pins in it, so I drilled a hole behind the cup holder and fed its wire through there and through a hole next to the new usb socket. I mounted the camera under the rear step and brought its wire into the fuse box at the back of the van. and it all works. ::bigsmile:
Just need a shorter usb lead for the dash cam to tidy it up.

USB and reverse mount.jpg

Usb and reverse platform.jpg

Finished setup for reverse and USB platform.jpg

cigar lighter.jpg

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
It didn't like the heat on the dash. :doh: Just made another out of PET-G a plastic that can withstand higher temperatures so hopefully that will be ok.:pray2:

Reverse Camera Mount.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
:roflmto: :giggle: (y) olley Can you fit mine if I call in on my way to Sandringham in August ? :unsure:

p.s. is it helpful that I already have a feed to the reversing camera and display?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
:roflmto: :giggle: (y) olley Can you fit mine if I call in on my way to Sandringham in August ? :unsure:

p.s. is it helpful that I already have a feed to the reversing camera and display?
No problem, is a £1000 less the 10% funster discount ok? :whistle2:

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
olley it was very much tongue in tongue in cheek to start with :D but suggesting £1000 per hour is too much :censored:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back