Fishery Creek , Hayling Island (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Just returned from a week here for a quick walking and cycling break. Site is superbly located on estuary. Nice big pitches , shower block good and toilet block clean but dated ( needs more cubicles and new style doors) . Site is clean well maintained and staff are excellent nothing too much trouble. Has a paddle board coaching and hire on site if your so inclined. Nice walking from site either on coastal paths or to beach via roads. On site cafe food basic but good and well cooked. First time here for us and found really good for what we wanted, a quiet relaxing place.
Only issue we had was first couple of days, pulled up on pitch and placed in middle as requested with front facing estuary for best view. As is our norm quick set up attach electrics and go for scout around. On returning next van door flew open and he started shouting we had parked with our door facing his( ha had parked so he was facing camp site with no view of estuary). I told him reception had stayed park as you like as long as central to pitch. He then said on C&MHC site would not be allowed etiquette etc. I then said we’re not on club site and why would you not park to get best view rather than watching others sitting outside their units. We then put our dome up and put screen over his side
Next guy was in a foreign made van so his door faced us anyway, we enjoyed each other’s company so no issues
Maybe it’s me but we quite like the interaction as part of the camaraderie of camping, am I wrong ?
Back to site would recommend quick break as easy to get to
View from front and of pitch

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
We spent a couple of nights there to give the van a shakedown run before hopping over the channel. We found then very obliging and helpful. They were also having a rummage sale of old stock from the spares shop, where a £10 spend got me a load of useful bargains.
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back