First time winter trip to Spain/Portugal

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694SL
Hi all

Booked Eurotunnel for beginning of December with plan to head down through France (as much as we love France!) and into Spain/Portugal until late February. We'd love to hear suggestions for routes/stops/places to visit and see and while, coming from North of Scotland, rain doesn't bother us we'd prefer the potential of any possible sun that's available. We'd also prefer authentic rather than Brits abroad (without offending anyone that's into that!) so if anyone's got advice that'd be brilliant!

Thanks in advance :-D

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
That's one of a big ask for a first timer..
Must see....Salamanca, Cordoba. Valencia. Merida, Seville, Cadiz, Granada, Cuenca, Albarricin.Santiago de Compestella.
All the natural and national parks...too many to name..

Avoid....The Med Costas unless you want warmer weather. Full English (Or Scottish) Cheap beer and night life to die for...
The Northern Costas are dramatic.cold.wet but brilliant...just had 8 weeks there...Park 4 night a good option...

Take with a pinch of salt the remarks about the Med...we live 20 minutes from this coast..for the winter Temperatures and full English..😀👍🇪🇦

As for Portugal...wait a while something will follow this.

Happy travels in this varied and beautiful country...Stay safe. learn self defense, just incase you meet me...,,,,😡

OP
OP
B
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694SL
Hahaha black belt in Fujitsu so bring it on !

Thanks for all that though. Been to Seville (a couple of times) and Valencia (Madrid and Barcelona also but maybe not on this trip with the van) on weekend breaks and especially Valencia noticed lots of vans parked up at the beach so that was definitely on the list. Salamanca too because daughter stayed there for a while and absolutely loved it. Cordoba, Cadiz, Granada we've heard about in passing and Santiago de Compestella too from parts of S. France we've stayed.

Bilbao and North West area?

Ha, I'm sure we'll visit the Med too maybe just to have reached before turning back up via Portugal who knows....

So looking forward to seeing the Country and eating and drinking well too!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have done a few trips to Spain & Portugal, links to the threads on my trips in my signature.
How do you see your links? We are off to Spain/Portugal for the first time in Jan. Sorry not sure where they are.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How do you see your links? We are off to Spain/Portugal for the first time in Jan. Sorry not sure where they are.
I my signature at the bottom of all my posts, if you are viewing on a phone you need to turn it through 90° so you are viewing in landscape. Also viewing that way gives loads of other options.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Remember that central Spain is very cold in the winter, speaking from experience!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I my signature at the bottom of all my posts, if you are viewing on a phone you need to turn it through 90° so you are viewing in landscape. Also viewing that way gives loads of other options.
Thank you 😊 I now see them in landscape on my phone. Thought I was going a bit mad but should have checked on the laptop. Will read through them thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back