First Time at Düsseldorf Show: Seeking Info (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Info / advice regarding August show.
Thinking of attending this show for first time, traveling from Plymouth Devon, and using ferry 🙄don’t like tunnel 😥

Looking on web site we can get on site parking overnites with shuttle which sounds good
They say tickets on sale from June ? Is this correct?
How many days would you recommend

Thanks for help in advance 👍

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you are going just to "have a mooch" then two days will do you, if you are going to strike a deal on the next van you might need three days I would say. Join the Caravan Salon for discount tickets and book you camping slots there as well.

Tickets on sale from June seem correct.

You can register for Caravan Salon.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
We will be going, just to have a look around. I'd suggest you sign up at the link below, if you haven't already. They will send you ticket details etc. in May /June time. The stelplatz/campground is good, and as in usual German style, everything is highly organised. Depending on the purpose of your visit you might want to spend two days, unless you know specifically what you are looking for. It is huge, much bigger than Birmingham NEC.
Below is the link to the 'Caravan Center' as in the camping site.
You can book a pitch once you have a ticket for the show.
Below is the ling to the German PDF file about the campsite. (last years event)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Forgot to mention, that if you do not yet have a German emission (plakette) then you can get one at the link below. It would be very easy to stray into the 'clean air zones' especially around cities like Dusseldorf and get fined. Lots of companies offering them but link below is official and will get you one for €5:95, they will send it to you.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Thinking of attending this show for first time, traveling from Plymouth Devon, and using ferry 🙄don’t like tunnel 😥

Looking on web site we can get on site parking overnites with shuttle which sounds good

FYI

465 Miles
Plymouth to Harwich (307 miles) sleep on the overnight ferry in a nice cabin (part of the ticket price) to Rotterdam and then drive to Dusseldorf (158 miles)
(No queues, no tolls)
Door to door time under 24 hrs

580 miles
Plymouth to Dover (320 miles), campsite in Kent, ferry to Calais Calais to Dusseldorf (260 miles)
Long queues possible on M20 due to stacking particularly in summer
(Plus this route includes the M25 section prone to queues and the notorious Brussels ring road)
Door to door time about 30 hrs (excluding any queues)

Ferry costs are similar, depends on the deal on the day as to which one is cheaper.

(Don't use Google maps to do the route end to end, as it's wrong, you have to break it into the land sections only)

OP
OP
Bailey 15
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Ohh how interesting thank you very much 😉
Certainly look at this sound great 👍

OP
OP
Bailey 15
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Just looking now, you don’t use m25 then for Harwich? You take the smaller roads?
Thank you for this help - this site never fails to amaze me 👍👏👏

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Just looking now, you don’t use m25 then for Harwich? You take the smaller roads?
Thank you for this help - this site never fails to amaze me 👍👏👏
You do use the M25
The worst section is the M4 to the M3 anti-clockwise

If you come up the A303/M3 and then hit the M25 going clockwise you should be fine (except not at rush hour)

Also from the M3 to the A12, you can go around the M25 either way, there is a 3 mile difference (and a Toll at Dartford),
but I usually find M3 to A12 is faster clockwise unless heavy traffic.

(Expat Cornishman, so have done that route more times that can count in the last 40+ years)

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
I say allow 3 days and in that time you will still not cover all of it. The on site camping is excellent with many rows with 16A mains hookup. Shuttle bendy busses run between all the show entrances and the parkings. You can hire mobility buggies to get around the show which are free to blue badge holders, they hold your badge while you have the buggy. but most importantly BOOK EVERYTHING IN ADVANCE. If you are press and have registered as such with them then its all free. The Press Centre is excellent, has a subsidised canteen, free wifi, space, chairs and tables and puts anything at the NEC to shame.
It is a very BIG show, probably the best in Europe. It is a little over half a days drive from Calais. and you arrive at the Caravan Service Centre where you empty and fill up before being pitched.
The camping is massive in tight rows, Dont expect space like UK camp sites. Do expect comradery, evening entertainment, food and beer outlets close by. Forget satellite TV as most is under trees. The airport is next door. You will hear every plane. They dont fly throughout the night. BUT It is an experience everyone should enjoy at least once.
Think we have done it 20 years by now.
C.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have been but only in a car however think we may also make a visit with the van this year (y)

Apr 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Vision

We were there three years ago. Enjoyed it very much. It is so big! Take at least three days to experience everything. We had a temperature in the Van of 42C and were parked straight under a flight path. It was OK until an Airbus 380 passed overhead on finals!

OP
OP
Bailey 15
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
That heat I would of ran outside in my knickers to get the breeze 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It sounds great thou so hoping to go 👏

OP
OP
Bailey 15
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We were there three years ago. Enjoyed it very much. It is so big! Take at least three days to experience everything. We had a temperature in the Van of 42C and were parked straight under a flight path. It was OK until an Airbus 380 passed overhead on finals!
What time of year was that pls?
Did you go during week or weekend I would of thought it’s less busy during weekday 🤷‍♀️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back