First sign of damp? (1 Viewer)

Micharl215

Free Member
Feb 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi all, I have an Elddis Autoquest 175 MH almost 3 yrs old. Have noticed the blue staining in 3 places at base of back wall in washroom. Approx 10 cm high and in 1 corner. Crude damp meter shows 33%. I will add sealant to rear seals and corners. Hab check due March. Question 1) is it water ingress or condensation due to poor ventilation and climate? 2) am concerned if warrenty would be voided by applying extra sealant now. 3) can blue line be removed? Thanks

OP
OP
M

Micharl215

Free Member
Feb 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
No, the 'damp' is showing on couple of places where back wall meets floor. It's a out same level as the long corner to corner outside seals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Water, whether damp from condensation or ingress should be taken very seriously. A proper repair, if needed, can be very expensive. As I hear you have a warranty, I am sure you will find the warranty makes particular reference to damp.
The cold weather and heavy rain can often find access not seen at other times of the year.
As said already, inform the dealer and do nothing unless they ask you to take particular action to prevent further problems.

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
It's a warranty job. We had the same thing happen to our 2016 175 in exactly the same place, I think I remember the dealer thought Elddis new about the problem, they take out the toilet, side wall, re seal and replace. No further problems, that was over two years ago.

OP
OP
M

Micharl215

Free Member
Feb 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
Thanks, it's mainly in the wardrobe area behind door frame on back. Also behind toilet in corner on both sides. How long did it take to repair yours?

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
I think our dealer had it for about a week but the longest part of the job was getting authorisation from Elddis (they need all your habitation receipts etc) and then the parts arriving at the dealers for the work. Worth it in the end though, we've had no more issues and the van is perfect for our needs.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi all, I have an Elddis Autoquest 175 MH almost 3 yrs old. Have noticed the blue staining in 3 places at base of back wall in washroom. Approx 10 cm high and in 1 corner. Crude damp meter shows 33%. I will add sealant to rear seals and corners. Hab check due March. Question 1) is it water ingress or condensation due to poor ventilation and climate? 2) am concerned if warrenty would be voided by applying extra sealant now. 3) can blue line be removed? Thanks
I would not add any sealant yourself otherwise they could say you’ve invalidated your warranty and that you’ve aggravated the problem, I am inclined to think it is staining most likely caused by insufficient sealing around the shower tray, it would have to be a severe case of condensation to cause that sort of staining, as it’s still under warranty getthe dealer to carry out a thorough investigation, maybe even an independent habitation check to be thorough.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I think our dealer had it for about a week but the longest part of the job was getting authorisation from Elddis (they need all your habitation receipts etc) and then the parts arriving at the dealers for the work. Worth it in the end though, we've had no more issues and the van is perfect for our needs.
Can you please advise who your dealer was?

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Doesn't your Elddis have the 10 year Water ingress warranty?
We pay good money every year to have a habitation service to keep the warranty valid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back