caigriff

Free Member
Dec 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
looking!
Exp
Hi everyone!

I’m looking to buy my first motorhome in the next few months and it’s gonna be a Hymer for me..

Would anyone know any info about this model? Link below..
Broken Link Removed

I can’t seem to find much info on this model online, so was wondering wether the chassis version or engine was good/bad?

I like the look of these old style motor homes and they seem to be pretty solid.

For context I’m planning on spending a year travelling the UK, full time.

Thanks in advance for any help! Looking forward to joining the community..

Cai

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Cai
Just to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just this minute gone live. We manually check and approve new members first few posts that have links within just to ensure they are not spammers. Your post was just approved; people can see it now (y) Thanks.

OP
OP
caigriff

caigriff

Free Member
Dec 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
looking!
Exp
Hi Cai
Just to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just this minute gone live. We manually check and approve new members first few posts that have links within just to ensure they are not spammers. Your post was just approved; people can see it now (y) Thanks.
No probs, thanks Jim!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hymer is a great choice, but the layout is really important, so get the right layout decided upon first, then if it must be Hymer, try and find that layout in a Hymer (y) Best of luck

OP
OP
caigriff

caigriff

Free Member
Dec 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
looking!
Exp
Thanks. Yeah, the layout is the thing I’ve been looking at most. I wanted a decent table and seat for working on a laptop, and the over cab bed to save space. The one I found above seems to tick the right boxes, I’ll just be looking to add a new bathroom and solar..

cheers

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks. Yeah, the layout is the thing I’ve been looking at most. I wanted a decent table and seat for working on a laptop, and the over cab bed to save space. The one I found above seems to tick the right boxes, I’ll just be looking to add a new bathroom and solar..

cheers
Most every Hymer A class has a pull down bed at the front. Legendary comfort (y)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Most Hymers are built on the Fiat or Mercedes chassis. Not that many on the Renault chassis AFAIK. I don't know anything about the Renault of that era.

The layout looks like it's based on the very popular B544 model, maximising on lounging area. Check the overall maximum permissible weight - some were only plated at 3300kg which limits your payload. Ideally, 3500kg is better.

Maybe others will be able to comment on the 2.5 litre Renault diesel engine and drive train of that era.

Overall, it looks very tidy. We had a B544 and were pleased with the layout.

OP
OP
caigriff

caigriff

Free Member
Dec 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
looking!
Exp
Most Hymers are built on the Fiat or Mercedes chassis. Not that many on the Renault chassis AFAIK. I don't know anything about the Renault of that era.

The layout looks like it's based on the very popular B544 model, maximising on lounging area. Check the overall maximum permissible weight - some were only plated at 3300kg which limits your payload. Ideally, 3500kg is better.

Maybe others will be able to comment on the 2.5 litre Renault diesel engine and drive train of that era.

Overall, it looks very tidy. We had a B544 and were pleased with the layout.
Thanks for the info! I’m viewing on Wednesday so will check the weight. And yeah this is the only one I’ve seen on a Renault, so wondered wether that’s because they were rubbish?!
Cheers

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
All models of chassis can be fixed, the overall condition is much more important than who made it.

A good Renault is better than a bad Merc etc.

Welcome! :)

DBop

Free Member
Dec 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You can always run a quick MOT check online, I see some of the pictures show the reg K120SRN. It will give you some indication on how well it’s been looked after, not to mention the mileage it’s covered year on year. Best of luck.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Looks fantastic.....if a bit unusual. Like previous have said the motorhome bit is the most important and it's what you are paying for, nowt much between the cabs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back