firmware upgrade for alfa AWUS036NH (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi All trying to install the firmware upgrade but can't get laptop to connect to [HI]192.168.2.1.[/HI]
Anyone any ideas?
cheers
David:Smile:
have you tried 192.168.1.1 as the address? as far as i remember that is the default address for the adapter

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Don't you use the software that you installed On your pc for the AWUS036NH when connected by usb to find out the firmware and not the IP address

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I think I'm getting myself and everyone confused! I think the firmware upgrade will be for my alpha r36 router not the signal booster!
I ve got the booster to connect to the broadband , but when I open a browser it tells me no network!!
Any ideas welcomed!
David

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I take it you are doing the upgrade from the same device that this is plugged into?
If so just to check go to a command prompt and run ipconfig check the gateway address it should be the default of 192.168.2.1 if not use the gateway shown in the ipconfig output in a web browser and access the gui.
It is recommended to set a static ip address but I think its not necessary if you,ve got one when you do the above command.If you still cant connect to the gui try ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew then ipconfig to see that you,ve got an ip address.Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back