Firefox Keeps Loading on certain sites

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Braunston, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Braunston

Braunston

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I have been using Firefox for sometime now and in the last few weeks it seems to be playing up on some of the sites I visit.

The main problem appears to be that it doesn't stop loading even when the sites front page is fully displayed, sometimes I can continue and ignore the little rotating ring and sometimes the site hangs,

Any ideas what the problem may be or has anyone had a similar problem. it works fine on here its mainly other sites, i have also noticed that some of the other sites don't have the full details as they do when opened with IE.

I have run a full scan with S&D and Advast and they show no problems, and I am running Firefox Version 3.0.5

Any help would be appreciated, hope it makes sense

Braunston

2. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156
    Is Firefox missing an addon / plugin (eg Java) required to run, and display, the rest of the web page?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +100,283
    I have this narrowed down to sites that have Google Adsense code on them, and only on Firefox. The page is loaded and everything appears loaded but you don't get a "done"

Its annoying.