LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In Firefox when on the Forum when you hover the mouse pointer over the "Alert" button you would get a dropdown box with the alerts and when you hovered over a thread title you got a pop upbox with the first few lines of the thread.

Well that all stopped working after the last Firefox update, then for some unknown reason started working again yesterday after some windows updates. Today back to not working I assume something has changed since last shutdown & latest boot.

Anyone know where the settings in Firefox are to fix it, I can't remember & I know I've done it before.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Only ever happened to me once a while back and it fixed itself within a day or two. I think it may have been the site rather than Firefox but .....

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Lenny,
I have had a similar problem , since last update. My outlook a/c (email) , seems to have frozen , I can get into it but it won't open any emails or delete or anything . but tmy outlook email is ok on my tablet & phone . I couldn't sort it myself , so took it to local computer tech shop , took them a couple of hours to get into settings and sort it , but it has gone back to the original sttings , but works ok , cost £35 but to me it's well worth it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not working now, I'm starting to think @Jim & @Gromett are playing at winding me up.:(

It's absolutely nothing to do with us, in as much as we are doing nothing. It will be how your browser is reacting to the site. Firefox eh, it was a great browser in 2005 :D

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It's absolutely nothing to do with us, in as much as we are doing nothing. It will be how your browser is reacting to the site. Firefox eh, it was a great browser in 2005 :D
Still is a great browser, I can't stand Chrome.
Only appears to be a problem on Fun & it's changing on a daily basis.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Firefox okay on a Mac not working as you want on my PC at moment.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
What gets me is it's changing daily, weird. I know there are some setting in Firefox you can tweak can't remember where dam things are.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have not touched the site, forum or server in weeks...

I run firefox on Linux and have never had any issue with the forum.

This would suggest it is not the forum or firefox that is your issue but Windows :p

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
In Firefox when on the Forum when you hover the mouse pointer over the "Alert" button you would get a dropdown box with the alerts and when you hovered over a thread title you got a pop upbox with the first few lines of the thread.

Well that all stopped working after the last Firefox update, then for some unknown reason started working again yesterday after some windows updates. Today back to not working I assume something has changed since last shutdown & latest boot.

Anyone know where the settings in Firefox are to fix it, I can't remember & I know I've done it before.
This always worked for me when using firefox, only had to make the change once though as it seems to stay when updating firefox to later versions.

As always if you mess up your computer ensure you have a backup.

Fix that just worked for me below (copied from another site but tested on my windows 7 AIO desktop computer Tocuh screen).
disable Firefox from telling websites that you have a touchscreen, you can make a change to a hidden setting.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste touch and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled preference and change the value to 0 (that's a zero) and click OK. Here are the options for this setting:
0 = disabled
1 = enabled
2 = auto-detect (default)
Once complete reload the page using Ctrl + Shift + R
This is just for firefox.....

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
This always worked for me when using firefox, only had to make the change once though as it seems to stay when updating firefox to later versions.

As always if you mess up your computer ensure you have a backup.

Fix that just worked for me below (copied from another site but tested on my windows 7 AIO desktop computer Tocuh screen).
disable Firefox from telling websites that you have a touchscreen, you can make a change to a hidden setting.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste touch and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled preference and change the value to 0 (that's a zero) and click OK. Here are the options for this setting:
0 = disabled
1 = enabled
2 = auto-detect (default)
Once complete reload the page using Ctrl + Shift + R
This is just for firefox.....
Thanks, I think that what I did last time but couldn't remember. Only downside is that I have a touch screen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back