LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’m trying to run my new fire stick into my new avtex tv and it won’t work, here’s what I’ve done...
Fire stick in, powered stick up via usb power source, paired remote, paired to iphoneX via hotspot, got message up....

Connected to wifi
Signal strength very good
Channel 6 quality very good

Not connected to internet!

Phone running internet just fine doing other stuff, news, eBay, Fun etc.

If I turn the house router on and try running through that, it all works fine???‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am useless at stuff like this, but is there something you need to do in phone settings to enable connection to the fire stick?

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Doesn't sound as though its connected to your phone. Cant remember but not sure an iphone using a hotspot has a channel stated?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
You may have paired with the phone but is the phone allowed to share data? Look in phone settings for stuff like Personal Hotspot.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Update I had the personal hotspot enabled and had the blue thingy in the left hand corner, anyway with the message no internet I chanced telling Alexa to load Netflix with the voice remote, and lo and behold it came up, put the passwords in, 20 secs of buffering and watched the film Sully. It was great, just left the phone under the tv. Just to make sure it was the phone that was running it I had turned off the house router so it couldn’t pick that up!!
Went back to the page telling me no internet connection and was still there even though I had watched the film through Netflix, so hey ho I don’t know what’s happened?‍♂️?‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back