MFS

Free Member
Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
New
Hi, apologies if I don't know the correct terminolgy for some things, as I am new to motorhoming, and deciding on which model to buy.
I am a bit lost with so much choice.
Does anyone know of a van conversion motorhome, or compact motorhome, that has a lounge and drop down bed? I was thinking of something like the Swift C404, which seems to be the ideal layout for me.
Also, I have noticed that Swift motorhomes don't seem to get very good reviews?
Is there something I should know!?
Any help appreciated

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK the terminology would be,

PVC = panel van conversion
Coachbuilt motorhome = the van front is still there with a body built on the back, these can then split again into compact, low profile or alcove which would be a bed over the cab.
A class = in this configuration the only part of the original vehicle that is used is the chassis and dashboard but without the metal front, the body and front are integrated into 1 living space.

Swift?, I don't like to criticise other peoples choice of van BUT there are suggestions that the quality is not what it could be and they they can be a bit prone to leaks and damp, Continental vans are usually thought to be more watertight but the layout is not always to peoples taste so it's a personal thing.

Martin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MFS

Free Member
Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
New
Thanks, I will have a look at Benimar. Need something small enough to fit on drive so less than 6 metres

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Benimars are a lot better built than the UK junk, and they come with many extras. Also I'd look carefully at the Ford rather than the Fiat base, especially if you go for the auto option. The 170bhp auto is a dream to drive and it has a better sat nav and warranty (5 years). No doubt you'll get someone come back and say all Fords get stolen. Basically all makes all can get stolen these days, so extra protection needed. nearly everything included in the Swift comfort pack is standard with the Benimar.

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Yes, the smaller payloads are due to them being better built! The 202 has 520kg payload. Plenty for most.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Swifts are Ok if you are into DIY .. You will spend most of your time trying to screw / glue it back together again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MFS

Free Member
Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
New
Thanks, I dont think I have seen one yet with a Ford engine.
Does anyone have a van conversion? How do they compare to coachbuilt ones?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks, I dont think I have seen one yet with a Ford engine.
Does anyone have a van conversion? How do they compare to coachbuilt ones?
We have a Murvi Morocco a 6m van conversion. They do other models down to 5.5m long. They have the biggest kitchen you are likely to find anywhere and with no obstructions across the sliding door they feel very spacious inside - in my opinion of course!

This is us in Corsica now. I asked Mrs DBK to drape herself across the bonnent but she refused. :)

LRM_EXPORT_1804186739277_20190607_151917112.jpeg

The current jaunt is being described here.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back