finding signal with audible sat-finder (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I am using the little Konig audible sat-finder and it is beeping away as per usual but the tv is saying no signal. I have quite a few trees around but I thought if the sat-finder was beeping then that means there is a signal there.

Am I missing something or is it just that there maybe enough of a signal coming through the trees to beep the sat-finder but not enough signal for actual picture?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
trees will reduce your signal strength and the ability to lock on to the sat. also are you definitely on the right satellite.
there are a couple relatively close to the Astra group. the sounder is not sat specific as faR AS I KNOW,
i use this app to ensure i have good line of site..
1572373706861.png

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
trees will reduce your signal strength and the ability to lock on to the sat. also are you definitely on the right satellite.
there are a couple relatively close to the Astra group. the sounder is not sat specific as faR AS I KNOW,
i use this app to ensure i have good line of site..View attachment 342261

I'm doing exactly the same thing as the other times I have successfully got it set-up so think I should be on to the correct sat. Found your app on play store so away to give it a shot, cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
good hunting.
go to the list of satellites and set the onr you want to favourites. you then only view that satellite.
saves confusion and searching.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
good hunting.
go to the list of satellites and set the onr you want to favourites. you then only view that satellite.
saves confusion and searching.

Tried it and it put me pretty much bang on where I was before but not getting anything. From what I can see in the dark it is pointing through the few trees so I'll put it down to that. Cheers for your input, decent little app (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've never got a signal through trees.

I don't use the beeping thing now since I discovered the Avtex TV has a built in system which is much more sensitive.

On mine I select Setup on the controller then Satellite search. On the screen appear two bars. Just adjust the dish so the bottom bar is at maximum. The top bar isn't much use but if it starts flickering when you are searching for a satellite then this suggests you are close.

Your TV may be different of course. :)

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I've never got a signal through trees.

I don't use the beeping thing now since I discovered the Avtex TV has a built in system which is much more sensitive.

On mine I select Setup on the controller then Satellite search. On the screen appear two bars. Just adjust the dish so the bottom bar is at maximum. The top bar isn't much use but if it starts flickering when you are searching for a satellite then this suggests you are close.

Your TV may be different of course. :)

Handy function that. Mine is a Hitachi but I'll investigate to see if it has something similar.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to (n)

Reactions: DBK
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i use one of these.. not cheap but never fails and you know which sat you are on and it shows lock on.

also i attach a small 12v battery ( toy car battery too it so it can all be done without any TV or other power source.

1572378655494.png

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Satellite frequencies are not unique to certain satellites.
Some frequencies used for UKTV are also activate on other close by satellites also...especially those at 26...just two degrees from the UK TV satellites at 28.
So even if you are looking for the Sky News UK frequency on 12207, you can still pick up a similar frequency on a different satellite (even though it is not listed as having channels, it can still be active) .And that is enough for your preprogrammed receiver to say "no signal" when looking for UK TV channels.
The beeper units only tell you you are on a satellite using the frequency your box is looking for...not that it is the correct frequency.

"or is it just that there maybe enough of a signal coming through the trees to beep the sat-finder but not enough signal for actual picture? " - and this too is entirely possible, as your beeper unit does not measure db, where some channel need a min of 6bd to be received, and others 7db

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back