Find 12v Supply for Rearview Camera AT Delaware (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Hi folks, decided to fit a wireless camera to the back of my Auto-Trail Delaware. Obviously need a 12v power supply for it.

I suspect there is a gap between the rear cap and the rear wall, but before I start pulling panels (there is no obvious ignition powered wiring inside at the rear bedroom cabinets) I thought some funster may have done something similar on an AT Frontier model (they have similar rear caps).

Looked at following the reversing camera cable but after attempting to remove the panel itā€™s in I gave up as it looked like braking? Anyone pulled this one off?

Appreciate any feedback from those with experience!

lynnian

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Ace Genova
Exp
Since 2008
I wired mine off the high level rear side light, managed to fish a wire behind the plastic moulding on my Ace (same as Swift). This also gives a way of isolating and gives you daylight running lights šŸ‘šŸ˜†

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I wired mine off the high level rear side light, managed to fish a wire behind the plastic moulding on my Ace (same as Swift). This also gives a way of isolating and gives you daylight running lights šŸ‘šŸ˜†
Thanks - I have high level tail lights and low level marker lights - just not sure how to access them and fish from the centre of the rear cap to them? Thought perhaps someone might have already done it on a Frontier style rear cap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I installed one to my delaware. But I hard wired it . Went though the cupboards above the bed, down the wardrobe into the garage then underneath the MH to the cab

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I installed one to my delaware. But I hard wired it . Went though the cupboards above the bed, down the wardrobe into the garage then underneath the MH to the cab
Thanks TCG. I guessed that would be the best route for a wired fitting. Did you find a gap between the rear cap (the shell) and the rear wall of the bedroom?

Looking up from the rear under the wheel spare mount, there seems to be a cover screwed on a gap between the cap and wall, but not sure how far it went up. If there is a gap I guess I have a choice of removing the top running tail light to feed from or drop down to the rear quarter to the side running light.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Thanks TCG. I guessed that would be the best route for a wired fitting. Did you find a gap between the rear cap (the shell) and the rear wall of the bedroom?

Looking up from the rear under the wheel spare mount, there seems to be a cover screwed on a gap between the cap and wall, but not sure how far it went up. If there is a gap I guess I have a choice of removing the top running tail light to feed from or drop down to the rear quarter to the side running light.
No not really the white outer skin is floating and not fixed the the timber fear wall.But there is no cap to speak of

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
It is the white rear skin I meant by a cap. Is there timber in ther? Thought it was all aluminium frame and insulation sandwich?
Can't be aluminium, can it. I have recently fitted a rear autotrail bike rack. Autotrail sent me the the fitting diagram and when I drilled into it it was wood.... But I suppose these could have just been fixing battens

I hope it is aluminium (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back